Software Engineer - Remote
Company: Harris Computer Systems
Posted on: June 7, 2021
SmartCOP, Inc - Remote
We are seeking a Delphi/C# .NET Software Engineer to join our
team. As a Software Engineer at SmartCOP, you will be placed into a
small development team for our Field Based Reporting software used
by law enforcement and conservation enforcement agencies
nationwide. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include
development of new features and troubleshooting and implementing
bug fixes. You will work with other members on your team to support
our existing product lines and build out the future of our
This a great and challenging opportunity to be a part of an
amazing company where your contributions actually can make a
difference in the community!
What your impact will be:
- Complete Field Based Reporting software development tasks- bug
fixes, customer-driven feature development, product enhancements
using Delphi, C#, .NET, and MS SQL Server.
- Produce accurate effort estimates for large- and small-scale
tasks, and track development progress and timelines to ensure
deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the technology, language, and
development environment needed for the project.
What are we looking for:
- 2+ years of professional experience developing software.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree, diploma, or equivalent work
- Ability to develop in multiple programming languages including
Delphi and/or C#.
- Proficiency using MS SQL Server databases or equivalent, T-SQL,
and stored procedures.
- Experience developing and consuming web services.
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and customer service
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical capabilities with
the ability to troubleshoot technical problems and perform (or
identify) potential resolutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume,
What will make you stand out:
- BS in Computer Science or closely related field or its
equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Ability to collaborate and participate in meetings during
regular work hours in the North American Central Time zone.
- Law Enforcement Experience
- Applicants selected will be subject to government security
background investigations in order to work with sensitive public
What we offer:
- Culture for Growth
- Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefit
- Every Voice Matters
- Global Reach
- Careers with Purpose
- World Class Career Development Programs
- Focus On Sustainability
SmartCOP, Inc. is a public safety software business engaged in
system development, implementation, and support services for a
fully integrated suite of products including Computer Aided
Dispatch (CAD), Records Management System (RMS), Mobile Computing
with Field Based Reporting, and Jail Management System (JMS) for
first responders in the law, fire, and EMS markets.
Keywords: Harris Computer Systems, Duluth , Software Engineer - Remote, Other , Virginia, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!