Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate
Company: The Jamar Company
Posted on: May 19, 2019
THE JAMAR COMPANY
DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Duluth, MN 55807
Position Description: The primary purpose of this position is to
serve customers in the Twin Ports construction market, in our
Duluth branch location. Supply Delivery is a key responsibility,
along with loading and unloading of products and materials as
requested. This position is required to interact positively with
customers. Keep the warehouse and surrounding grounds in neat
condition. Strong customer relations, problem-solving skills,
attention to detail and keeping up-to-date product knowledge is
required. The successful candidate will also assist with customer
relations, sales and inventory control.
Education and Experience Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be 21 years of age, clean driving record and pass required
* Knowledge of the construction industry and sales experience
* Ability to provide customer service professionally, and in
accordance with the mission, vision and values of the company
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, and ability to learn
new software systems
* Forklift certification, or ability to become certified (offered
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be
* Complete deliveries using company truck and trailer to deliver
materials. (No CDL required).
* Ships, receives, stores, or moves materials within the warehouse,
loading area or storage area.
* Loading or unloading trucks, trailers, or other transportation
devices; unpacking, shelving or packing items in proper storage
* Verifies that orders are accurately filled. Insures that
shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping
information. Keeps records of goods shipped.
* Keeps warehouse and outside grounds clean and orderly.
* Drive forklift in a safe manner.
* Self-motivated, strong work ethic
* Efficient and organized
* Customer oriented/professional
* Strong communication skills
* Team, collaborative approach to work
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
* Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or
* Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
* Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs.
* The environmental conditions for this position include climate
controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold,
heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a
variety of noise and equipment vibration.
* Position is often in a heavy manufacturing/industrial area and
will require time on the shop floor.
* Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in
warehouse and/or plant environment. PPE required when in the plant,
yard or construction areas include:
* Hard Hat
* Safety Glasses / Goggles
* Steel-toed Boots
* Reflective Vest
* Hearing Protection (designated areas)
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources
Jamar is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English Spanish Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English Spanish Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.
Keywords: The Jamar Company, Duluth , Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate, Professions , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!