Project Manager - Construction Industry
Company: The Boldt Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of
construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They
push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality
service and greatest value to every project we're a part of. We're
looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication.
An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication
to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest
professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you'll collaborate with some of the
most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You'll have the
chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while
earning competitive pay and benefits. And you'll join a team that
builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
As a Project Manager, you will run all aspects of the development
and implementation of projects from original concept to final
implementation and commissioning. Our Project Managers have
responsibility for the protection and promotion of the interests of
Boldt on our projects every day. This role will also verify that
the work meets all safety standards, is within schedule
requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality
that meets the budget. This hands-on role will lead the
communication efforts for internal and external project reporting
and be responsible for managing the project team.
What you get to do:
- Ensures strict adherence to safety, ethics, and compliance
requirements at all times.
- Implement our site safety program and ensure subcontractor
compliance with Boldt safety standards and all applicable safety
codes and regulations.
- Lead architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers,
inspectors, other Boldt job staff and owner's representatives in
resolving issues related to plans, specifications and field
constraints or discrepancies.
- Lead meetings with other contractors, client, or A/E
representatives to coordinate our design and construction
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team to effectively grow
the organization and build operating efficiency.
- Appraise performance and development of staff position
responsibilities, and established goals.
- Support and promote companywide internship programs and
- Engage in companywide training programs and development.
- Mentor assistant project managers and project engineers.
- Assure team has a comprehensive working knowledge and
understanding of the contract documents (including Boldt's
contract, plans, specifications, and applicable codes).
- Lead implementation of the Quality Management System (QMS) and
Built in Quality (BiQ) process for the project.
- Lead design studies, provide recommendations for materials and
methods, and develop cost estimates.
- Own the Boldt Production System (BPS) with discipline. This
includes master scheduling, production strategies, make work ready,
weekly, and daily planning and production tracking.
- Lead subcontractor trade coordination meetings, look ahead
planning meetings and submittal review meetings.
- Lead the supply chain procurement process to assure that it
aligns with project landmarks.
- Lead the process to maintain up-to-date production visuals and
site logistics plans.
- Negotiate change orders, manage information on changes in the
work; prepare an independent analysis, as required; acquire and
review estimates for the changes from subcontractors; acquiring
approval of the architect and owner; and resolving any
misalignments on project details.
- Provide technical support for cost control (specifically with
the risk and opportunity log).
- Lead specific sections of the overall project budget as
- Provide budget/estimate to internal and external customers for
project requests, and make sure expectations of what is included
and not included in the scope of work, for that given budget, are
clearly defined and communicated.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all
significant items required for the construction of the project.
Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major
material, and equipment purchases.
- Develop scopes of work and execute subcontracts and purchase
- Participate in the close-out process. Prepare final records
such as RFI's, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation
and maintenance manuals, attic stock, spare parts. Evaluate all
information to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Participate in risk management including identification,
analysis, response planning and monitoring/controls on a project
and demonstrates competency in understanding controls processes for
the project to take corrective actions when necessary.
What we expect from you:
- Four-year engineering, construction management degree or
equivalent combinations of technical training and five to seven
years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings, and specifications, building materials and required
standards applicable to subject area.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interact and communicate
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or
controls. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard. The employee
is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined
or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in
a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or
workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or
descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must
regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25
pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle
driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and
frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites.
Specific abilities required by this job include close vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The employee is
required to be able to optimally communicate while on the job site
and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to
work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid
conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective
equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful
materials. The environment for which this position functions may be
exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and
fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held
organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based
environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription
drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the
company's success along with an annual bonus based on overall
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Company Provided Insurance (STD, LTD and Group Life
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health
assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels
of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an
accommodation or other assistance during the application process,
please contact our Human Resources department.
Keywords: The Boldt Company, Duluth , Project Manager - Construction Industry, Professions , Cloquet, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!