Posted on: January 17, 2022
Career OpportunitySappi North America is a division of Sappi
Limited, a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South
Africa, with manufacturing operations on four continents in nine
countries with sales offices in 50 countries. The Cloquet Mill,
located on the banks of the St. Louis River, produces some of the
highest quality heavyweight web and sheet fed products in the
world.The original mill opened in 1898 and has undergone a variety
of changes and improvements over the years, most-recently (2013) to
convert the pulp mill into a producer of Verve, adissolving
woodpulp used primarily for the textile markets. With the
conversion, the pulp mill is now able to swing between dissolving
wood pulp and Kraft pulp based on market needs.With a focus on
responsible and sustainable operations, the Cloquet Mill is focused
on energy savings improvements which have led to local, state, and
national environmental recognition.Position (job title):Maintenance
CloquetSappiCloquet is a team-based environment with over 100 years
of continuous pulp and paper making history. The culture of the
workforce has evolved to promote an atmosphere where hourly and
salaried staff work together to get the job done.This position
offers the opportunity to work and grow in a vibrant, forward
thinking mill with a team of highly-skilled, dedicated employees.
The person in this role is integral to the overall success of the
mill and, as such, is a key member of the management
- Responsibilities include safety performance, regulatory
compliance, reliability, and cost control.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position
works closely with the organizations Safety, Environmental,
Operations and Reliability leaders to achieve and maintain
maintenance and operational excellence.
- Keep equipment bills of material current.
- Review parts for inventory reduction &/or needed inventory
- Develop tasks lists as needed for all new and existing
equipment including standard work procedures.
- Focused on maximizing wrench time.
- Assigns all work including redirects to the maintenance work
- As a key member of the maintenance team, you will lead the
safety initiatives that ensure an accident-free, safe, and
- Manage and provide technical assistance to a diverse, highly
skilled workforce in a team-oriented, self-directed environment to
meet the business needs of the organization
- Manage the daily and long range planning and work execution
goals for the team, in conjunction with operating personnel, to
ensure the targeted business results are achieved.
- Lead the teams efforts to deliver precision maintenance best
practices and continuously improve equipment reliability,
integrity, and performance.
- Maintain productivity by detailed planning and organization of
work packages and documentation using a computerized maintenance
- Strong leadership, motivational, and analytical thinking
- Facilitates the resourcing of planned and scheduled maintenance
work assigned at the weekly scheduling meeting.
- Building strong, cross functional empowered teams.
- Identifying and implementing training needs.Entry Requirements
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; orAS in a technical
field or Process Control.Five or moreyears of maintenance or
related operationsexperience may be substituted for post-secondary
education but must include experiencein maintenance craft, or as a
coordinator, supervisor, planner, or engineer in an industrial
setting.Salary is determined by a number of factors including the
value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal
equity and skills brought to the job.HR Contact for
Questions:Brittany L BonkSappi provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Sappi, Duluth , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Cloquet, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!