Company: Altec Industries , Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Why Join Altec? If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc.,
there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was
founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view
people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow,
utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values
have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers
worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in
everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative,
financially sound company that is setting the standard of
excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you
can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed
company.Our Company:Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately
held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.Altec specializes
in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger
derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility,
telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign
maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.At Altec,
advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at
helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more
resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety,
reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.Our Values Sustain
Our Vision:Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be
recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products,
services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain
that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to
achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate
culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of
Team Altec.Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family,
Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength,
Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A
SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENTThese are some of the ways we're maintaining a
safe work environment at Altec.
- Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of
- Temperature Testing: Regular temperature testing
- Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes
throughout our facilities
- Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
- Social Distancing: Maintaining 6 feet of distance and staying
within designated work zones
- Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to
those who are essential only
- Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when
- Travel: Banning non-essential work travelResponsibilities
PURPOSE OF POSITION:To receive, stock and ship material to support
production needsMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locate and deliver parts and components to lines as
- Monitor materials on Kanban and turn-in as needed.
- Prepare shipments.
- Receive, count, inspect shipments and move to proper
- Load outgoing and unload incoming shipments.
- Interact with vendors and shippers in a professional and safe
- Read and understand technical documents.
- Uses inventory management system to receive and store products,
maintain accurate counts, and pick/distribute products to
- Keep paperwork up to date.
- Transport hazardous material as needed.
- Routinely inspect fork truck.
- Maintain daily time records.
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May
participate in continuous improvement events.
- Move to other work areas in order to support production needs.
- Effectively assist and train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies,
procedures and practices to include proper use and care of
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Shows commitment to Altec core values.
- Other job duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer knowledge and experienceEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND
- Previous material handling experieince
- Forklift experienceBenefits Altec offers a competitive salary
that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive
benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental and Prescription
Drug Program Retirement 401(k) Program Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts Tuition Assistance Program Employee
Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program Life
Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment InsuranceEEO
Statement Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal
opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to
recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without
unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain
a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and
harassment, where associates are treated with respect and
Keywords: Altec Industries , Inc., Duluth , Material Handler, Professions , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!