Company: ASDCO Construction Supply
Posted on: May 16, 2020
ASDCO Construction Supply
ASDCO CONSTRUCTION SUPPLY
Duluth, MN 55807
ASDCO Construction Supply, a part of the Jamar Company, serves the
Midwest through locations in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin.
ASDCO delivers a wide range of high quality and innovative products
to contractors across multiple markets of the construction industry
through dependable and prompt customer service. With a focus on
personal and trustworthy service, the ASDCO team has the product
and industry knowledge that adds value for customers and supports
simple or complex project needs.
We are looking for a team-oriented, organized and collaborative
Warehouse Associate to fill a position within our Duluth, MN
location. This individual will respond to customer and other ASDCO
staff requests in a distribution warehouse setting and is
responsible for direct-to-customer supply and customer service, as
well as loading, stocking and/or shelving products and unloading
products and materials. This role is responsible for helping with
inventory and driving and delivering orders, and keeping the
warehouse and surrounding grounds and yard in good condition.
Education / Experience:
* One year s experience in a warehouse or similar setting.
* Knowledge of the construction industry is a plus.
* Customer service or sales experience a plus.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* High School Diploma or equivalent. Verifiable experience and
training may be substituted.
* Valid state driver s license with a clean driving record, must
pass required DOT physical
Certification, License, Registration:
Fork Lift Certification/ability to become certified (offered by
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Assists with product information and customer service
responsibilities in the warehouse.
* Loads and/or unloads trucks, trailers or other transportation
devices; unpacks, shelves or packs items in proper storage
* Ships, receives, stores, and/or moves materials within the
warehouse, loading area or storage area.
* Verifies that orders are accurately filled. Insures that
shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping
information. Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped.
* Drives forklift in a safe manner.
* Keeps warehouse and outside grounds/yard clean and orderly.
* Performs supply delivery using truck and/or trailer to deliver
materials. No CDL required.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Self-motivated, strong work ethic, dependable
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Strong problem-solving skills; efficient and organized.
* Organization skills, with attention to detail
* Ability to contribute positively as a member of the team;
* Ability to stay current with product knowledge
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes
moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant
and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard,
customer, or construction areas include:
* Hard Hat
* Safety Glasses / Goggles
* Steel-toed Boots
* High Visibility Vest
* Hearing Protection (designated areas)
* Personal Fall Arrest Harness
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Long-Term Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, ASDCO/Jamar has built a reputation as a
solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don t just hire
anyone. We hire extraordinary people the kind who:
* Share our values
* Never stop learning
* Care about the community
* Strive for continuous improvement
* Thrive in a team environment
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources
Jamar is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English Spanish Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English Spanish Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.
Keywords: ASDCO Construction Supply, Duluth , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!