Company: The Jamar Company
Posted on: May 16, 2020
THE JAMAR COMPANY
Duluth, MN 55807
For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation
as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven
success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial and
industrial customers. We re headquartered in Duluth, MN with
offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI,
Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar
Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead
Refrigeration and Industrial Contractors, Inc.
We are looking to fill a Project Assistant position within our
commercial construction department. This role will primarily work
onsite to provide responsive solutions and support to project
management to enhance the overall success of the team. The ideal
candidate has exceptional organizational and time management
skills, experience working with HVAC/mechanical systems, the
ability to meet expressed deadlines, a high level of integrity and
professionalism, and willingness to take initiative. This person
loves a challenge, has a strong work ethic and is looking to make
an impact, develop their talent and be a part of Jamar s
industry-leading team of experts.
* Technical or undergraduate degree in construction management,
HVAC design, mechanical engineering or a related field.
* Experience working with mechanical systems in the construction
industry is preferred.
* Exhibit technical aptitude and computer skills including MS
Office (excel, word, power point). Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit,
Bluebeam/Adobe Pro, estimating software, Procore/ Primavera or
other Project Management software, file sharing systems. Typing
* Experience with Quick Pen or similar estimating programs a
* iPhone and iPad experience helpful.
* Knowledge of blueprint reading and the integration of the
multiple buildings systems.
* Desire to master construction concepts, bring every project to
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Well-developed organizational and time management skills; ability
to schedule/coordinate projects to meet expressed deadlines
* Valid State Driver s license, and able to work at project
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Provide support to Project Managers and Department Manager as
required; includes project analysis and compliance, coordinate and
attend meetings, help estimating team, promote safety and a safe
work environment, etc.
* Responsible for document control; timely, accurate and efficient
preparation and management of project documents, both hard and
* Research and understand technical engineering information to
ensure projects comply with all engineering standards, codes,
specification and design instructions.
* Assist in evaluation and help identify solutions of potential
field issues, referring them to a Project Manager for final
submission and documentation.
* Assist in plan and spec analysis to provide clear, trackable and
coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for
* Understand and perform document control functions in accordance
with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating
of RFI s, transmitting and tracking of submittals, and assistance
to field personnel with document follow-through.
* Research and recommend creative solutions to design document
problems, including conflicts, interferences and
* Assists in document and progress tracking throughout the duration
* Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of
* Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests
to resolve design issues.
* Attend project coordination and
owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
* Work with estimating team to complete take-offs and help support
the proposal process as needed.
* Support the departments Standard Operating Processes (SOP s) and
ensure they are followed in all work performed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Meet the demands of a fast paces, busy work environment; ability
to successfully multi-task
* Ability to use independent judgment to make decisions and resolve
* Maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity and
* Desire to succeed in a highly competitive but collaborative
ever-changing environment; able to work as a positive, contributing
member of a team.
* Focus on continuous improvement through continuing education and
on-the-job learning opportunities; support team goals and a safe
* Customer service oriented. Highly motivated, willing to take the
initiative. Focus on details.
* Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to
enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company
support as needed
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the
day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to
be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets,
office machinery, and construction work sites, etc.
* Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external
stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online
* Travel to or work from project sites, or other APi Group company
locations as needed.
* The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
* Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant
and/or customer environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard
or construction areas include:
* Hard Hat
* Safety Glasses / Goggles
* Steel-toed Boots
* High Visibility Vest
* Hearing Protection (designated areas)
* Personal Fall Arrest Harness
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Long-Term Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid
partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don t just hire anyone.
We hire extraordinary people the kind who:
* Share our values
* Never stop learning
* Care about the community
* Strive for continuous improvement
* Thrive in a team environment
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources
Jamar is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English Spanish Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English Spanish Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here..
Keywords: The Jamar Company, Duluth , Project Assistant, Professions , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!