HVAC Design Associate
Company: The Jamar Company
Posted on: November 11, 2019
THE JAMAR COMPANY
HVAC DESIGN ASSOCIATE
Duluth, MN 55807
HVAC Design Associate
For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation
as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven
success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial and
industrial customers. We re headquartered in Duluth, MN with
offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI,
Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar
Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead
Refrigeration and Industrial Contractors, Inc.
We are looking to fill the position of HVAC Design Associate within
our plumbing and mechanical engineering department. The ideal
candidate will work with the Professional Engineer and design team
to define system requirements and create project and installation
plans, taking part in creating practical solutions to complex
mechanical systems. This person loves a challenge, has initiative,
self-discipline and a strong work ethic and is looking to make an
impact, develop their talent, hone their craft and be a part of
Jamar s industry-leading team of experts.
Job Summary: The HVAC Design Associate participates in the
development and creation of detailed mechanical engineering
drawings for new build HVAC systems or the adaptation of existing
systems. This position, under the direction of the Professional
Engineer or designee, consults with the project team to determine
heating and cooling needs, develop project plans and installation
estimates and creates installation plans.
* Two-year HVAC design or architectural design degree or equivalent
in design/drafting experience
* At least one year s experience in design/drafting
* Familiarity with/exposure to the mechanical design of HVAC and
plumbing building systems, including drawings, specifications and
* Familiarity with Autodesk Revit software functionality for
Building Information Modeling (BIM); working knowledge is a
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the
company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with
our values and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Working with the PE and design team, create heating and cooling
systems and their controls; assist with preparing engineering
design load and calculations, HVAC system layouts, and design
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, construction
plans and schematics, and computer-generated reports; confer with
engineers and project managers to produce required system
* Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design,
operation and performance of equipment, components and systems;
calculates ventilation requirements, recommends design
modifications to eliminate system malfunctions and ensure
compliance to product specifications.
* Assist Estimator in submitting bids for engineering/commercial
construction projects and preparing proposal/contract documents;
helps determine costs for heating and cooling systems and write up
detailed budget estimates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to schedule/coordinate projects to meet expressed
* Ability to read and understand technical documents, symbols, and
industrial process and apply this knowledge to drawings.
* Ability to analyze and make decisions.
* Effective communication skills oral, written, and
* Effective organization skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain a team environment; attend and
participate in team/department communication meetings.
* Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to
enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company
support as needed.
* Willingness to keep current with continuing education as
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes
moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds.Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in
plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or
construction areas include:
* Hard Hat
* Safety Glasses / Goggles
* Steel-toed Boots
* Reflective Vest
* Hearing Protection (designated areas)
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Long-Term Disability
* Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Time Off
* Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid
partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don t just hire anyone.
We hire extraordinary people the kind who:
* Share our values
* Never stop learning
* Care about the community
* Strive for continuous improvement
* Thrive in a team environment
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources
Jamar is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English Spanish Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English Spanish Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.
Keywords: The Jamar Company, Duluth , HVAC Design Associate, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!