Sr Environment Advisor
Company: Enbridge Employee Services Inc
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Posting End Date:
September 29, 2023
This is a non-union position
The safety of people, and protection of the environment, is our top
priority at Enbridge! We seek to be a responsible and contributing
member of the communities where we operate. Are you interested in a
Sr Environment Advisor position responsible to oversee
environmental planning, permitting, and inspection coordination?
If you are an Environmental professional who understands the
environment field as well as specialized knowledge of regulatory
processes and environmental mitigation as it applies to
construction work, we'd love to hear from you. We offer
opportunities for growth, a competitive benefits and pension plan,
and generous time off.
Come work with our team to help us meet Enbridge's environmental
objectives! Your opportunities here at Enbridge are endless as we
expand with the future of energy in mind. Join us today!
What You Will Do:
- Accountable for the environmental planning process including
third party management in preparation of environmental assessments
reports, acquisition of permits, and cost estimating.
- Represent Enbridge at public information sessions.
- Coordinate the government and public review of completed
- Work with federal, state and local agencies to secured
approvals and ensure environmental compliance of projects. Over see
third party environmental inspectors to ensure project compliance
with environmental plans and permit conditions.
- Provide necessary assistance to project managers and company
construction staff to ensure project is environmentally sound and
promote environmental stewardship.
- Establish viable working relationships with various government
agencies and agency personnel.
- Ensure valued membership of project teams by providing timely
and accurate information to internal stakeholders.
- Daily contact with internal stakeholders, including: project
teams and project leadership; regulatory and compliance groups; and
Environmental systems group.
- External stakeholder contacts typically occur on a weekly to
monthly frequency, including consultants, state and federal
regulators, and nongovernment organizations.
- Environment performance has a significant impact on Enbridge
projects, compliance, and regulatory relations. The successful
candidate is expected to:
- Focus is on achieving general objectives by working
independently to manage their time, approach to technical problems,
and work priorities.
- Problem solve by applying standard procedures, modifications of
standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous
Who You Are:
- A post-secondary degree or higher in an environmental or
- Familiarity with environmental assessment methodologies and
- Familiarity with best management practices for environmental
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- At least 7 years of environmental experience, preferably in
pipeline, industry, infrastructure sectors.
- A self-starter with strong written and oral communication
skills, focused internally and externally at all levels.
- The ability to work both independently and within
- Strong interpersonal skills, focused internally and externally,
at all levels.
- Demonstrated capability in ensuring strong linkages both inside
and outside of the organization.
- Ability to apply strategic solutions to issues.
- Demonstrates a willingness to implement new ideas within
- High level of personal and professional integrity and
commitment to Enbridge's values.
- Experience with Enbridge business units, familiarity with
Enbridge's business and cultures considered an asset.
- Office environment with regular travel.
- Flex Work Arrangements: Enbridge provides competitive workplace
programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team
members. Enbridge's FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible
employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a
flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek
schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and
Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each
option or combination of options. #LI-Hybrid
Included but not limited to: Grasping, kneeling, light - moderate
lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder,
repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement
(able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print),
hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long
periods of time.
Includes but not limited to: Ability to: understand, remember and
apply oral and/or written instructions or other information,
understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative
solutions, coordinate thoughts and ideas into understandable
terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term
basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate
work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and
follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms,
compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and
communicate with individuals via telephone.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer .We are committed to
providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals,
without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native
American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can
request accessible formats, communication supports, or other
accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com .
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only
those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a
security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com
Keywords: Enbridge Employee Services Inc, Duluth , Sr Environment Advisor, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!