Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job ID: 23-02716
- Overall responsible for Health, Safety & Environment of MMCL Project.
- Prepare HSE Plan for Project Execution & ensure delivery within the cost & timelines set for the project.
- Supports the Project Execution Team in formulating and enforcing the HSE Policy and Guidelines.
- Guide and Coach the managers in the Organization with adequate roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
- Supports the Top Management in Institutionalize the HSE Management System standard issue.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Assists the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety related subjects.
- Carries out any in-house safety training.
- Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
- Liaises between Clients on safety related issues.
- Safeties related engineering input into new projects and modification programs.
- Participates to HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
- Performs Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Science/ Engineering or equivalent
- Desirable - PGD in Industrial Safety
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- First aid certification. Experience
- The candidate must possess at least 18-20 years of experience in HSE with at least 3 to 5 years as Head of HSE in a EPC Company involved in execution of Mega Steel Projects including facilities viz. Pellet Plant, Beneficiation Plant, HBI / DRI etc.
- Should have handled construction project HSE for a large scale heavy or process industry project where in more than 1500 workers were working at any point in time.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using Tripod Beta Tool, HSE Auditing Techniques, HEMP, Radiological Safety,
- Industrial Hygiene, and Gas Dispersion, Modelling, Explosion Indices and ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001. Skills
- Should have knowledge on HSE requirements for inspection of Material Handling and Lifting Equipment's.
- Techno Commercial Skills
- In depth knowledge of International Engineering Codes and Standards.
- In depth knowledge of Auditing Skills, Incident Investigation and Reporting
- In depth knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Standards
- Leadership Skills & Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Operational Excellence
- Business & Commercial Acumen
- Nurturing, Mentoring & Coaching Skills
- Customer Focus
Job ID: 23-02716
Keywords: Intelliswift, Duluth , Lead HSE,, Other , Nashwauk, Minnesota
here to apply!