Company: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
US-MN-Duluth - US-MN-Bemidji - US-MN-St Paul - US-MN-Grand Rapids -
US-MN-Brainerd - US-WI-Superior - US-MN-Cloquet - US-MN-Hibbing -
Looking to join a vibrant organization that makes a difference? At
Church Mutual, our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
For more than 125 years, we've made it our business to protect
those who serve and inspire others through our specialized
insurance expertise and innovative solutions. Our customers do
amazing things for the world - when we protect them, we Stand for
Good. We foster a workplace where all employees are treated with
dignity and respect; diversity, inclusion and belonging are woven
into the fabric of our company through our customers, employees,
leadership, business relationships and outreach programs.
What you'll be doing:
Prospect, sell, and service new and existing insurance accounts for
Church Mutual within an assigned territory. Conduct on-site visits
to inspect, field underwrite, evaluate exposures, and conduct
customer new business, renewal, and service presentations. Provide
risk management and risk improvement advice as appropriate.
Evaluate exposures and round out customer accounts with appropriate
coverage. Investigate and respond to customer inquiries. Maintain
customer database and process automated insurance transactions.
- Base Salary
- Competitive Book Compensation
- Generous Commission Structure on New Business
- Bonuses for New Business and Profitability Attainment
- Company Car, Gas Card, and Company Credit Card for Business
- Profit Sharing, As Declared by Church Mutual Board
On any given day, you'll:
- Develop and implement a documented plan to prospect, sell, and
service new and existing insurance accounts that meet assigned
goals and corporate objectives. Within established guidelines, will
evaluate and determine eligibility of new business.
- Conduct prospecting activities that support established goals
and objectives. Develop and manage prospect files in database.
Respond within established time frame to sales leads.
- Working within an assigned territory, will conduct on-site
visits to customers to inspect, evaluate, and document exposures
and conduct customer sales presentations. As a field underwriter,
offer sound risk management and risk improvement advice to
customers and potential prospects. Complete insurance application
and provide supporting data for processing. Enter system data to
process transactions and document all decisions and
- Analyze and provide recommendations and direction to insureds
at time of renewal. Work with home office team to make the renewal
process timely and complete and to provide exceptional service to
- Investigate customer complaints/inquiries and provide response
in specified time frame.
- Reporting Activities: Complete and maintain database for all
sales activities, provide written report(s) to management as
directed, complete and process expense accounts, and report
nonrenewal and cancellation decisions.
- Additional requirements.
- Attend training seminars, meetings, and conventions as
required, including trips to the Home Office for training.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a property and casualty
- Assume temporary additional territory assignments as necessary.
- Develop and implement a plan to prospect, sell, and service new
and existing insurance accounts.
- Conduct prospecting activities and document in database.
- Conduct on-site customer visits to inspect, evaluate, and
document exposures. Provide risk management and risk improvement
advice to customers and potential prospects.
- Prepare and conduct on-site sales presentations.
- Provide reports, documentation, expense reports, etc.
- Maintain an insurance license in good standing and a valid
- Travel and overnight stays are required.
Here's what we expect
- Previous insurance sales experience not required but would be a
plus. A successful work history is essential.
- Must be computer literate using proprietary software and
Microsoft Office. Education
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Significant industry experience with a high school diploma or
equivalent may be considered in place of a bachelor's
degree.Necessary Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to understand church structure and operation.
- Possess an understanding of risk management and risk
- Ability to understand, interpret, and explain various insurance
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software and Microsoft
products and stay current with changes.
- Able to work independently to specific performance standards
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays.
- Strong written/verbal presentation and listening skills.
- Demonstrated skills in relationships building, decision making,
negotiation, communication, and closing the sale.
- Ability to apply basic math and drafting skills to create
building replacement cost estimates and building perimeter
diagrams. Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., Duluth , Regional Representative, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...