Researcher 3 - Dakota Community-Based Researcher
Company: University of Minnesota
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353710
Employee ClassCivil Service
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
Memory Keepers Medical Discovery Team (MK-MDT) conducts research on dementia and its associated risks and co-morbidities in collaboration with Indigenous and rural communities in the Great Lakes Region.
The MK-MDT is hiring a Community-based Researcher, who would reside and work in the Dakota Tribal Nations in southern Minnesota. This position is afull- time, one-year contractwith possibility of renewal up to 5 years. TheCommunity Researcher will have key responsibilities for research projects focused on dementia, as well as community engagement, outreach, and education. The successful candidate will understand health services and have an interest in dementia. They will be responsible for specific research activities to complete the research project on time.
Research activities (70%)
* Be involved in all aspects of the research process suchas relationship building, recruitment and retention, screening, data collection, analysis, and dissemination.
* Coordinate and facilitate community level Advisory meetings, as well as participate in all MK-MDT team meetings.
* Adhere to ethical data storage and management practices for all project related data.
* Recruit research participants into studies
* Conduct key informant and participant interviews
* Facilitate focus groups with the assistance of the research coordinator
* Participate in data analysis and writing of reports and publications for dissemination
Community engagement, outreach, and education (30%)
* On-going community engagement activities to support research collaborations with community partners
* Represent the MK-MDT at Community Health Fairs and other relevant community events
* Participate in Team and Advisory Group Meetings
* Act as liaisonbetween the researchers and the Tribal community, as well as the Tribal Council.
* Work with the leadership to provide regular project updates to Tribal Health Directors, Tribal Council members, and community members.
* Prepare briefing notes, background reports, presentations, and other meeting materials for community partner meetings.
* Develop presentations and present findings to various audiences (local, regional, national, and international).
* Prepare and deliver community educational events and presentations to raise awareness of MK-MDT research
* Contribute to community research presentations and newsletters
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials
* BA/BS and 2 years of related experience or a combination of related education and experience to equal 6 years
* Ability to travel, valid Minnesota Driver's License
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Master degree in Social Work, Public Health, or Social Sciences
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
Knowledge of health and community services or programs at the community or county level
* Experience with qualitative and Indigenous research methods
* Experience related to research projects with Indigenous communities
* Experience working with American Indian people with memory loss
* Knowledge and understanding of the health of older adults and/or age-related neurological conditions
* Knowledge and awareness of community-based participatory research
* Experience in community outreach and community engagement
About the Department
The mission of the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is to be a national leader in improving healthcare access and outcomes in rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities.We do this by:
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD's many research institutes and labs.
Apply for JobJob ID353710
Keywords: University of Minnesota, Duluth , Researcher 3 - Dakota Community-Based Researcher, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
here to apply!