Part-Time Evening Custodian
Company: Great Lakes Aquarium
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $12 - $13 DOEJOB TITLE: Custodian
DEPARTMENT: Operations REPORTS TO: Lead Custodian/Director of
Building OperationsWork Week: Tuesday to Saturday 4pm to 10pm – 30
hours Term/Hours: Part-Time, No Benefits. 30 hours a week. Must be
willing to work holidays Start Date: June/July 2022 JOB SUMMARY: As
an evening Custodian at Great Lakes Aquarium you will be asked to
be on call for cleanings while we are still open to the public till
6pm. After close we do a complete cleaning of our facility from
bathrooms to floor scrubbing to get ready for the next day. We also
ask for evening staff to keep an eye on our Life Support for our
animals for issues that might come up and contact staff about them.
- General Cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and
in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Ensure doors and facility are locked and secure after
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Operate a ride on floor scrubber.
- Notify supervisors of minor and major repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Follow a set nightly schedule of tasks. SKILLS REQUIRED: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individual must have excellent communication skills; written
- Individual must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Word, and Access (or other database software).
- Must also have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The
physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the essential functions of this job an individual must have the
ability to lift 50 pounds. Individual must have a flexible schedule
for any overnight, weekend, and/or holiday shifts plus extra hours
when needed. Individual must be capable of working safely in
elements, which may include but are not limited to; dust, dirt,
chemicals (sanitizing and cleaning products, chlorine and aquarium
water conditioning chemicals), and humidity. In addition, employee
is regularly expected to walk, crawl, kneel, climb, and work
overhead. EOAA Statement: Great Lakes Aquarium is an equal
opportunity employer. Great Lakes Aquarium shall provide equal
access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. Great Lakes Aquarium aims to be a supportive
community for all people. If you are a job seeker with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position,
please connect with our Access and Inclusion Coordinator, Annie
Thors email@example.com. If you would like to take a 3D tour of
our aquarium please visit the link below: Explore Great Lakes
Aquarium in 3Dhttps://my.matterport.com/show/?m=GBSYm28NyBeIf you
have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Great Lakes Aquarium, Duluth , Part-Time Evening Custodian, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!