Delivery Driver (CDL B) / Warehouse Associate
Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Home Every Night - Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team
eager to drive our business forward?
Move your Career forward with Airgas as a Delivery Driver (CDL
B)/Warehouse Associate in Duluth, MN!
Monday-Friday, First Shift!
What you will do:
As the "face of Airgas", the Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver
is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas
cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas
branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box
truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns
compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas
customers. Additionally, this position will support for the safe
and orderly stocking, storing, and labeling of all incoming
materials and supplies at the location's warehouse for future
redistribution. There is also responsibility for the picking,
packing and distribution of materials and supplies for delivery via
outside carriers or local Airgas drivers to the customer's
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing
compressed gases to customer's place of business. Delivers
compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites.
Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains
signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty
cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty
cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to
and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the
customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or
issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents
ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts
and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that
vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with
regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of
Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug
Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting
deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents
or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse
- Stocks, stores, labels, picks/packs and distributes materials
- Validates delivery of materials and provides a physical
- Performs periodic inventory of warehouse materials as
- Organizes and controls site warehouse inventoried items.
- Reviews incoming and outgoing product invoices per Company
- Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures (SOPs) as
they relate to distribution, safety, etc.
- Performs general site housekeeping duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner's Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving
experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving
record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT
and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an
accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior
Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry
- Minimum of two years of prior experience in a warehouse
operation operating forklifts preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and
employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
division in various units of measure to include whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public
share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe
and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor
carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol
Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment
process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not
prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL
Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and
allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan
with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one
million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products,
services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates,
over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total
Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world
leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health,
Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and
industry-leading technology and innovations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Duluth , Delivery Driver (CDL B) / Warehouse Associate, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!