Company: Riverwood Health Care
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Offers friendly, courteous, and confidential assistance to every
patient.# Interacts with patients, patient#s families, referring
physicians and third party carriers with regard to patient related
issues.# Provides secretarial support to one or more individuals in
a clinical/radiology environment to ensure a smoothly functioning
office, including patient scheduling, appointments and maintaining
confidential records.# Prepares reports, and formats documents as
needed.# Maintains accurate information of scheduled patients prior
to time of service.# Works with others in a team environment. # # #
This position provides care for or assistance to patients of all
ages, including: newborns, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules all Radiology procedures
- Maintains radiology schedules, appointments and adjusts the
radiology schedule accordingly. Communicates schedules with
appropriate personnel to assure proper staff and equipment
- Assist medical personnel in the scheduling of patients for
appropriate tests, medical examinations, consultations and other
services outside of our facility.
- Create/compile/maintain radiology schedules. Communicates
schedule changes to appropriate departments.
- Telephones and interviews patients and/or family members to
obtain accurate pre-registration information for radiology
- Confirms appointments by telephone and or mail. Fills vacancies
due to cancellations.
- Uses automated records system to access, enter, and edit
- Coordinates visits either within the department or between
- Maintains familiarity with various types of medical
- Obtains pre-certifications as required by patients' health care
insurers or managed care providers. Notify and consult with
appropriate Managers if potential problems are identified.
- Guide's patients to appropriate resources for further
information, guidance or assistance as needed.
- Answers telephones, screens callers, relays messages, greets
visitors and maintains radiology waiting area.
- Uses personal computer to prepare manuscripts, statistical
reports, tables and charts using knowledge of medical, literary or
other technical terms.
- Opens sorts and screens mail.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, paging, and other
basic office support software.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies for the entire radiology
department and orders online as needed.
- Coordinates the servicing of office equipment and other
equipment as required.
- Knows the informal and formal department goals, standards,
policies and procedures, which may include some familiarity of
other departments within the facility.
- Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and
functions within the department.
- Promote service excellence by demonstrating polite, cooperative
and respectful behavior to both internal and external
- Safeguard security and confidentiality of data/information
according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner and use safety devices
provided to protect self and others. Report safety hazards as
- Other tasks as assigned
- Keep record of outside films and or CD's from other facilities
and return in a timely fashion. Use Computer record locator for
logging in and out films.
- Prepare patient films/CD's for release to take to other
facilities; record information " where they are going to and have
proper release prepared.
- Make copies of Images utilizing PacsGear software.
- Assume responsibility for completing mandatory educational
Follows ICURE values detailed below:
- Integrity " Employees are required to demonstrate a high level
of integrity when working with patients and others
- Customer Service " Employees are required to conduct themselves
in a manner that promotes customer service and satisfaction
- Unity " Employees are expected to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with their co-workers, supervisors,
subordinates, patients and members of the public
- Respect/Compassion " Employees are required to demonstrate
respect, compassion and empathy towards patients and others
- Excellence/Passion " Employees are expected to perform their
duties and assist others as needed to provide the highest quality
of care for patients and others.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school graduate preferred. Computer training and computer
skills are very helpful.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
Keywords: Riverwood Health Care, Duluth , Radiology Assistant, Other , Aitkin, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!