Materials Handler-Cirrus Direct
Company: Cirrus Aircraft
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Cirrus Aircraft's Mission is to deliver an aviation experience
that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our
customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in
personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series
piston aircraft and the Vision Jet, the world's first single engine
Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy.
Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and
safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe
Parachute System (CAPS) - the first FAA-certified whole-airframe
parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an
aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has
passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home
safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS as a
standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to
the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers
employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain
their private pilot's license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a
Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are
committed to investing in the future of our employees and company
by offering professional development and career progression
opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee
and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity
to take part in activity clubs and community events.
The Cirrus Direct Material Handler is a member of Cirrus Direct
aftermarket operations team. Performs manual and clerical duties
related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and
delivering a variety of materials, equipment and aircraft parts in
a warehousing environment. Primary focus will be with spare parts
inventory and supply for the Cirrus Factory Service Centers and
Cirrus Authorized Service Centers in the field. Reports to Cirrus
Direct aftermarket team.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Unpacks, examines, counts and labels incoming material.
- Records receipts and reports discrepancies.
- Compares and matches paperwork such as packing slips and
certifications with purchase orders and transfer orders.
- Transports goods and may utilize material handling equipment
- Performs receiving, put away, picking, packing and shipping of
goods and packages.
- Ensure proper product handling and storage to prevent abuse,
misuse, damage or deterioration.
- Obtain, prepare aircraft parts for delivery to the Knoxville
Factory Service Center and shipment to the Cirrus Authorized
Service Center network.
- Obtain, prepare aircraft parts and accessories for delivery to
the Cirrus Connection company store, convey in a timely
- Maintain an inventory control and management system.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and accessibility.
- Support all facility regulatory and safety codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
One to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's license a must.
- Warehouse operations experience preferred, not required
- Aviation related technical degrees preferred, not required
- Ability to operate and utilize handheld inventory management
- Ability to operate computers with the Windows operating
- Forklift license/experience preferred, not required
- Knowledge on aircraft/parts is a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and
efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous
Key Performance Metrics
- Volume processed
- Receiving, picking, packing and shipping accuracy/error
- Proper storage of products
- Customer satisfaction
- Internal peer evaluations
- Response time on requests
- Inventory accuracy
- Operational and process safety
This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to
our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the
western tip of Lake Superior and was voted "Best Town" by Outside
Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world
offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or
rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round
activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock
climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a
top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named "Best
Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland" and "Best
Workplace Culture" by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting
equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national
origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran
status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of
public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Cirrus Aircraft, Duluth , Materials Handler-Cirrus Direct, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!