Professional Engineer - Electrical
Posted on: June 10, 2021
If you are a Professional Electrical Engineer who has extensive
experience with office building and industrial
power/lighting/signal system design, we have an exciting
opportunity for you to join our Facilities Engineering team in
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a
multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical,
Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide an
array of services for a number of unique building projects
throughout the country within industrial, mining, rail, education,
government, aviation, and municipal markets. From lecture halls and
educational facilities, to production plants and refineries, you
will have the opportunity to design and manage a variety of
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for scoping the
electrical engineering portions of projects and leading the design
efforts associated with the projects, along with developing
detailed drawings, which will include site plans,
power/signal/lighting plans, equipment layouts, plan layouts,
industrial controls and control systems, primary and secondary
electrical distribution, transformers, lighting, communications,
and energy conservation. You will also assist with construction
administration responsibilities including interpreting plans,
observing construction operations, and maintaining reports to
ensure construction conforms to plans and specifications.
As a Project Manager of electrical and multi-discipline
projects, you will work directly with clients and staff to define
project scope, manage the budget and schedule, provide technical
oversight, and implement quality assurance and quality control
measures. Under our "Seller-Doer" approach to business development,
you will collaborate with the Electrical Group Manager, Market
Managers, and Vice President of Facilities Engineering to assist in
tracking prospective business opportunities, leading proposal
development efforts, and representing TKDA at project interviews
and networking events.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the
assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to
work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any
background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA,
clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota
or the ability to obtain registration within six months of
- Five or more years of progressive experience with a strong
background in power, lighting, and signal system design for
buildings and industrial environments.
- Previous experience with layout and design of low voltage
equipment including MCCs, VFDs, SMCs and basic control
- Previous design experience with 120/208, 277/480, 13.8 power,
lighting, and signal (fire, security, data/phone, paging).
- Previous experience conducting construction administration and
- Previous experience responding to Requests for Proposals,
including estimating electrical fees.
- Previous experience and strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word,
Excel, Power Point, and Project).
- Thorough knowledge associated with other disciplines:
Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written
communication skills; ability to write specifications and reports
and lead and/or participate in discussions during client
consultations and project team meetings.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%) for team meetings,
client consultations, and site inspections/visits; Occasional
overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience with private owner underground/overhead
medium voltage (13.8kV) site power distribution.
- Previous experience with industrial controls and control system
design, programming/configuration, and startup.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Previous experience serving as a Project Manager or leading
electrical design for multi-disciplined projects.
- Previous experience with business development responsibilities;
tracking, pursuing, and securing project opportunities.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging,
creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents
and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our
Keywords: TKDA, Duluth , Professional Engineer - Electrical, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!