Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Company: Cirrus Aircraft
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Cirrus Aircraft's Mission is to deliver an aviation experience
that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our
customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in
personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series
piston aircraft and the Vision Jet, the world's first single engine
Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy.
Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and
safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe
Parachute System (CAPS) - the first FAA-certified whole-airframe
parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an
aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has
passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home
safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS as a
standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to
the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers
employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain
their private pilot's license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a
Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are
committed to investing in the future of our employees and company
by offering professional development and career progression
opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee
and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity
to take part in activity clubs and community events.
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the
development and implementation of new and advanced technologies,
tools, and processes that deliver future state operations
capabilities. This role is responsible for defining and delivering
grow & improve projects in alignment with business objectives which
include large capital project, leading edge automation & robotics,
and facilities planning that supporting the Innovation and
Operations Organization at Cirrus.
This individual needs to be highly regarded in the areas of
influencing and working across the organization as a project
- Lead and facilitate the definition and implementation of future
state operational design, tools, equipment and processes.
- Explore, propose, and lead the implementation of advanced
manufacturing process and technology including automation.
- Evaluate process layouts in terms of supporting new process
integration while ensuring best utilization of floor space ensuring
optimum process flow
- Ensure projects are completed within agreed timeline, budget
and successful attainment of objectives.
- Apply engineering expertise to equipment and complex tooling
design, selection, sourcing.
- Work on automation technology projects end to end: from project
planning to implementation.
- Lead Proof-of-Concept (POC) and Prototyping projects to solve
business or customer identified problems and opportunities.
- Develop partnerships - drive collaboration and integration
between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions.
- Conduct process workshops, identify opportunities for lean,
process digitalization & automation, manage concept solution and
product development projects
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments,
scheduling, and resolving engineering design and technical
- Support the development of a facilities planning
- Lead capital appropriation request preparation including scope,
cost estimates, timelines savings, factory/company impact and
- Analyzing and preparing appropriation request for capital
improvement and replacements of inefficient assets, collecting and
organizing data for future capital improvements on a 5-year capital
spending budget basis; maintaining an active cost reduction
- Support Operations in completion of capital budgeting; collect
future capital project requirements from all production/operations
functions and compile into a 5-year capital plan.
- Development and management of cost controls, asset controls and
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an
accredited engineering school or related field.
- Minimum of 10-15 years' experience in engineering, project
management and /or technical leadership
- Understanding of capital financial and manufacturing Key
- Knowledge and experience in Demand Flow Technology
- Skilled in developing RFP for engineering services,
construction services and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to Direct/Lead/Manage cross functional
teams on large capital project/programs.
- This individual needs to be highly regarded in the areas of
influencing and working across the organization as a project
Additional Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- High interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-driven
- Critical problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication
This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to
our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the
western tip of Lake Superior and was voted "Best Town" by Outside
Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world
offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or
rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round
activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock
climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a
top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named "Best
Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland" and "Best
Workplace Culture" by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting
equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national
origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran
status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of
public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Cirrus Aircraft, Duluth , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Manager, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!