Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Company: Koch Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Phillips-Medisize, a Molex company, is a leader in the design,
development, and manufacturing of drug delivery, diagnostic, and
MedTech devices. Our facility in Phillips, WI is looking for a
Manufacturing Automation Engineer to join our team.
The Manufacturing Automation Engineer will be working between
two facilities; 85,000sq ft and 100,000sq ft. to support New
Product Introduction Engineering Team by implementing new
automation solutions to assemble products. Continuous Improve
Projects (CIP) will be created to improve the productivity of
existing processes using automation. The ideal candidate would have
experience integrating PLC and HMI to create a process that is safe
for our people to use, protects our Customers from getting
defective product and improves our productivity.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Continue to look for innovation and improvement in a
collaborative and non-collaborative robotic environment (i.e. YUMI,
Denso, Fanuc, UR, KUKA).
- Uncovering opportunities to improve process through automating
tasks: product placement, loading, unloading, integration with
operators, pressing and molding.
- Work in a team environment and use the FMEA (failure modes
effect analysis) to develop our processes.
- Providing automation design feedback to User Requirement
Specifications for custom built medical automation equipment.
- Contribute to automation equipment design reviews with external
suppliers, providing input on the design.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing at equipment
supplier's machine build sites with Engineering.
- Coordinate automation installations from external suppliers to
Phillips Medisize location including: readiness, shipment, rigging,
utility hook-ups, equipment installation.
- Activity participate in equipment Site Acceptance Testing to
verify equipment's performance after installation.
- Support Engineering Team on equipment process development and
validation activities as needed.
- Comfortable training co-workers.
- Draft operator work instructions, equipment set-up procedures,
equipment calibration methods, and preventative maintenance
- Make machine software, electrical and mechanical changes
identified during the equipment development process.
- Work with robotic automation and programming
- Travel usually one week at a time, up to two to three times per
year for equipment Factory Acceptance Testing
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associates Degree or higher
- Experience in Industrial Maintenance and Automation Engineering
- Hands-on experience with mechanical process, instrumentation,
controls or manufacturing equipment
- Experience designing and drafting in CAD
- Experience working with PLC; systems integration, maintenance
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical or related
- Programming experience with PLC software such as Allen Bradley,
Siemens, and Omron
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and
regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide
proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be
eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment
are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website
for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship
Keywords: Koch Industries, Inc., Duluth , Manufacturing Automation Engineer, Other , Phillips, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!