Hibbing Taconite Company
Hibbing Taconite (HTC) began production in 1976 and made its
initial shipment in January of 1977. HTC is ISO certified in
Quality and Environmental Management Systems and is a joint venture
owned by Cleveland-Cliffs (85.3%) and US Steel (14.7%). It has an
annual rated capacity of 8.0 million gross tons a year.
Hibbing operations consist of an open pit truck and shovel mine,
a concentrator that utilizes single stage crushing, autogenous (AG)
mills and magnetic separation to produce a magnetite concentrate,
which is then delivered to an on-site pellet plant. From the site,
pellets are transported by BNSF rail to a ship loading port at
Job Posting Title: Electrical Supervisor
Position Summary:: Supervise a group of electricians in carrying
out electrical maintenance (preventative and break in work).
- Plan and prioritize work assignments from the weekly work order
packet on a daily basis by coordinating and communicating with
operations, maintenance, and scheduling personnel.
- Assign and oversee day to day work for department electricians
and instrumentation techs.
- Locate materials and tools required for break in work and set
delivery to work area.
- Close Work Orders with detailed completion comments on daily
jobs for proper feedback for planners.
- Provide feedback to employees on their progress and implement
disciplinary measures if necessary.
- Update scheduling personnel on daily and weekly carry-over
- Coordinate and facilitate departmental training.
- Communicate the key maintenance performance indicators as well
as the companies' KPIs.
- Work directly with other supervisors and planners to ensure
efficient execution of work.
Education: B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Journeyman/Master Electrician or Automation Control with
- 3 years' experience in managing/supervisory/engineering in a
heavy equipment/manufacturing environment.
- Automation Control Experience
- Heavy Equipment Electrical Troubleshooting preferred
- Proficient in using various ordering and ERP systems
- Knowledge of Medium Voltage systems, cables and
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
Applicants for this position must be currently legally
authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The
company will not sponsor applicants for this position for work
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries
(collectively, "Cleveland-Cliffs"),is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The
following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment
Opportunity rights and protections:EEO is the Law&EEO is the
Law Supplement. Cleveland-Cliffsis committed to a safe and
drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to
undergo a pre-employment background check and post-offer medical
exam, including an alcohol and drug screen.