Company: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Night shift position - 7pm - 7am (3 days on, 3 days off)
- Work involves routine tasks requiring the safe operation of
forge equipment, forge checks at routine intervals, and routine
quality checks to ensure finish products meet customer
- Performs forge start-up and shutdown procedures, which includes
knowing the functions of lights and switches on forge control panel
- Starts and adjusts vary-freq drives.
- Resets forge electrical breakers, oil system breaker,
unscrambler breaker, and rounder breaker.
- Starts up all conveyors using proper start-up procedures.
- Resets AJAX cabinet breaker and replaces and aligns coils.
- Replaces and aligns slings on the unscrambler.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on finger and arm, stock gauge,
kicker pin and springs, worn tooling, transfer lift, and bar
- Performs conversions, including all forge tooling, all pinch
rolls and bar conveyors, and forge timing and die alignment.
- Changes and aligns rounder dies.
- Changes forge motor, if needed.
- Checks and sets forge stop positioning.
- Adjusts and sets overdrive.
- Performs process monitoring, measurement, and required
adjustment to ensure production of quality products.
- Accurately completes daily control sheet, forge sheet, and
- Attends and participates in monthly safety meetings.
Performs other duties, as assigned by the Plant
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation, Duluth , Machine Operator, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!