Mgr, Plant EH&S
Company: LP Building Products
Location: Two Harbors
Posted on: June 8, 2021
LP Building Solutions is a leading global manufacturer of
engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for
building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered
wood product, we've been continually creating better products to
fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP's values-driven, positive culture creates an environment
where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical,
fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40
years, we've developed careers and provided advancement
opportunities in the building products industry.
To implement corporate and business EHS programs at a plant
location and to act as an advocate for plant and Plant Manager with
respect to EHS compliance programs, and to customize programs to
the specific operations of the plant. To promote and ensure
implementation of the plant level EHS systems.
- Provide strategic leadership for the plant in all EHS
- Oversee performance in EHS core values for operations on the
site, manage the site EHS systems and lead continuous improvement
- Advise Plant Manager and Operations Safety and Environmental
Manager on compliance issues
- Report regulatory issues, including spills, releases and
emergencies, as required by law
- Oversee and promote the deployment of the plant level EHS
- Research and develop new EHS programs at the plant level
- Develop and write sampling and testing procedures
- Responsible for environmental reporting and recordkeeping
including emission inventories, TRI, Tier 2, Title V deviation,
CAM, and MACT
- Coordinate and manage activities of Site Central Safety
- Implement and manage Safety, Industrial Health, and Fire
Prevention policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness of current programs;
recommend improvements to policies and procedures
- Research and create program recommendations for assigned area
of safety, industrial health, and fire prevention
- Monitor Safety record keeping and compliance; conduct periodic
- Manage Fire Prevention Plans and Contractor Safety process
- Manage and lead direct reports as assigned (Safety Tech,
Environmental Tech, Fire Tech, EHS Specialist, EHS Tech, Safety
Manager, Environmental Manager)
- Negotiate permit terms and influence rule making
- Coordinate and respond to EHS assessments at assigned
locations; perform assessments as a member of a team
- Participate in cross-functional teams on special projects as
- Assist the Plant Manager in budgeting for all EHS
- Independently develop, lead, and assist the Plant Manager in
the Capital Project Management System (CPMS)
- Independently interact with EHS regulators; accompany
government inspectors on agency inspections
- Schedule and participate in monitoring, sampling, and testing
of permitted process and pollution control equipment for
- Lead the investigation of site EHS incidents
- Work with Human Resources department to Assess the need for and
arrange for appropriate EHS training
- Provide input to Facility Management regarding pollution
control equipment operation and maintenance programs as related to
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State/Provincial and local
environmental, industrial health, safety, and fire prevention
rules, regulations, and related strategies.
- Working knowledge of safety policies & procedures and fire
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and
management skills, preferably in an industrial setting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ethics and professionalism
- Strong budgeting skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams
to achieve program and project outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and analyze basic data, develop
metrics, and perform cost benefit analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health, Environmental, Science,
Engineering or related field.
- Certificates or licenses in specialized EHS areas helpful.
- 5 plus years of experience in the EHS field.
- Demonstrated experience leading and directing employees and
- Demonstrated experience working in an industrial setting.
- Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates
the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this
- Ability to wear a respirator.
- Ability to climb ladders up to heights of 60 feet or
- Ability to work on roofs.
- Ability to work for short periods in physically stressful
- Moderate travel and occasional extended work hours
LP offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and
programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program,
career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities,
profit sharing and more.
Keywords: LP Building Products, Duluth , Mgr, Plant EH&S, Other , Two Harbors, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!