Company: General Security Services Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
$300 sign on-bonus offered!
Do you want to be part of a fun, growing company where you can
make a difference? Midwest Patrol, General Security Services
Corporation is looking for Security Guards and might
be the perfect company for you!
Since 1946 Midwest Patrol has been committed to keeping our
community safe! Our company leverages the latest technologies in
electronics along with providing trained Security
Officers/Professionals to enhance the security programs for our
We are accepting applications for Security Officers who have a
positive, supportive, collaborative, and team player mindset. Prior
Security, Military, Law enforcement, or Criminal Justice experience
preferred, but we WILL train motivated candidates. Our company
offers paid training to guarantee you will have the tools you need
to be successful! We look forward to receiving your
All shifts available. This Basic Gate Security position offers
mostly Day and afternoon shifts.
- Competitive compensation & PTO
- Medical, Dental, STD, Life, 401k
- Full and Part Time shifts available
- Paid training
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
We are an EOE/AA/DISABILITY/VETERANS/GENDER NEUTRAL employer.
Historically underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to
Basic Gate Monitoring & Security; Reporting to the Post
Supervisor, the Security Officer is a vital team member providing
security services to various clients of GSSC. The Security Officer
is responsible for performing a variety of tasks per the needs of
the client, which includes enforcing required security policies and
procedures, monitoring alarm systems, maintaining access control
for visitors and employees and providing interior and exterior foot
patrols of common areas of assigned facilities, parking areas,
parking ramps, and adjacent lots.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the job responsibilities.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at Access Gate of
client site, providing for the security and safety of client
property and personnel.
- Monitor Gate Traffic and ensure persons are authorized to enter
- Enforces required security regulations and access procedures
pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Responds to client inquiries in an expeditious manner.
- Reacts appropriately, promptly and in accordance with Post
Orders in emergency situations.
- Generates clear and concise written reports of shift
- Maintains safe driving practices and vehicle care procedures as
- Creates a positive working environment and strong
- Ensures compliance with all GSSC policies and procedures,
federal regulations, state statutes, and specifications per client
- Interacts professionally and engages with client personnel,
vendors, contractors and members of the public.
- Provides excellent customer service
- Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately.
The employee may not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
Minimum qualifications include the
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- A US Citizen or Alien lawfully authorized to work in the United
- Must pass State & Federal background checks and drug
- Ability to meet and maintain applicable state, county, and
municipal licensing requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), administrative,
customer service and organizational skills
- Must successfully complete GSSC Basic Training
- Basic computer skills
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Ability to project a professional and positive attitude while
Physical, Mental and Environmental
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and
mental requirements of the job may include the following:
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling,
crouching and crawling.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional
lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to push, pull or drag and adult to safety from
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside
activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle for extended periods
of time, while frequently safely entering and exiting the motor
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state,
county, and municipal licensing requirements for Security
- Schedule flexibility.
- Positive, supportive, collaborative, and team player
- Ensure compliance with GSSC policies and procedures.
- Ensure operational compliance with federal regulations and
- Following GSSC core values.
Keywords: General Security Services Corporation, Duluth , Security Officer, Other , Superior, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!