Company: United States Steel Corporation
Location: Mountain Iron
Posted on: June 8, 2021
United States Steel Corporation has an immediate opening for a
full-time, temporary Mining Engineer Intern/Co-Op position at its
Mining Engineering Department at Minnesota Ore Operations.
The student will participate in the following areas:
- Utilize mine planning software to evaluate the short-range
- Work with the Drill and Blast Coordinator to layout and execute
the mine blasts.
- Coordinate the movement of drill core to permanent storage
locations and prepare for assay.
- Assist with mining reclamation projects
- Design Dumps and roads that meet the mine plan
- Work with drone data to update maps and aerial images as
- Develop and monitor the field improvement projects
- Candidate must be pursuing a bachelor's degree as a Mining
Engineer related field may be considered
- Candidates must have completed or be working towards completion
of their sophomore year and be in good academic standing.
- Must have at least a 2.75 GPA, will accept 2.5 with
- Candidates must be willing to temporarily relocate.
- Candidate must continue to maintain an acceptable grade point
average while participating in the program
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are
- Superior planning and organization skills are needed.
- Previous experience in mine planning software (MineSight,
Vulcan, Carlson, etc.) preferred.
- Must be able to adapt to and master web based supporting
All successful candidates are subject to background checks,
pre-employment physical examinations, and drug and alcohol
- Candidates must be a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's
Degree or Master's Degree.
- Candidates must be a current student and have completed their
sophomore year by June 2021 and be in good academic standing.
- Be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Keywords: United States Steel Corporation, Duluth , Student Employee, Other , Mountain Iron, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!