Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Cirrus Aircraft
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Cirrus Aircraft's Mission is to deliver an aviation experience
that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our
customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in
personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series
piston aircraft and the Vision Jet, the world's first single engine
Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy.
Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and
safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe
Parachute System (CAPS) - the first FAA-certified whole-airframe
parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an
aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has
passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home
safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS as a
standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to
the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers
employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain
their private pilot's license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a
Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are
committed to investing in the future of our employees and company
by offering professional development and career progression
opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee
and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity
to take part in activity clubs and community events.
Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and
improving manufacturing processes, methods, and controls in
accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
Troubleshoots production issues to determine root cause and
corrective actions. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or
revised products. Supports production to drive success in key
performance indicators. Specifies tooling requirements and manages
tooling implementation projects. Recommend, justify, and implement
new manufacturing equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Develop capable and efficient manufacturing processes by
studying product requirements and researching, designing,
modifying, and validating manufacturing, assembly, and inspection
- Specify, cost justify, design, develop and test various tools,
machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods;
and/or oversee the sourcing thereof.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products
including establishing processes, implementing new tooling,
providing written procedures, supporting manufacturing issues, and
- Evaluate manufacturing processes and identify continuous
improvement opportunities for safety, quality, delivery and cost.
Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling,
and materials. Confer with equipment vendors. Solicit observations
from operators. Collect, analyze, and summarize manufacturing
information and trends.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives,
activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize
product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Keep equipment operational by specifying and coordinating
maintenance and repair.
- Develop design-for-manufacturing criteria and process
capability expertise to provide input to future product and process
- Confer with clients, suppliers, staff, and management personnel
regarding purchases, product and production specifications,
manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Provide a manufacturing engineering presence on the production
floor to assure interaction with team members from all shifts and
appropriate manufacturing engineering support and feedback for the
- Provide technical resources for incident investigation, root
cause analysis and corrective action. Participate when requested in
finished product and raw material MRB process.
- Provide training to production and support personnel. Develop
and implement standard operating procedures. Support and implement
standard manufacturing practices.
- Mentor other engineers and technicians in best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year degree from an accredited college in an Engineering
field or equivalent. Manufacturing Engineering and Mechanical
- 6 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Engineering and Technology: Knowledge of the practical
application of engineering science and technology. This includes
applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the
design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze complex problems and lead a
systematic approach to determine root cause and corrective
- Project Management: Ability to drive projects to completion
using tools and tactics to specify scope, schedule, and resource
- Communication: Ability to communicate complex concepts
effectively with all levels of the organization in both verbal and
- Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry,
calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design: Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles
involved in the production of precision technical plans, drawings,
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft office and computer
usage/application. CAD software skills desired - skills in Creo
preferred. Knowledge of ERP and MES systems desired.
- Language: Ability to read, write and speak the English
- Quality: High attention to detail and accuracy; Ability to
identify, troubleshoot, and determine root cause of problems.
- Teamwork: Ability to balance team and individual
responsibilities; objectivity and openness to others' views;
positive attitude and team spirit.
- Organizational Support: Support of organizational goals,
objectives, and values; adherence to company policies and
procedures; observation of safety and security procedures;
participation in 6S program (sort, straighten, shine, standardize,
- Professionalism: Tactfulness and respect in working with others
regardless of their status or position or the urgency of
situations; Acceptance of responsibility for own actions; Integrity
in following through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Punctuality in arrival times and
observance of appropriate break and meal periods; acceptable
attendance record and proper utilization time clocks and time off
- Dependability: Responsiveness to management direction;
Diligence in completing tasks on time or proposing an alternate
plan; openness to additional hours when necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.
This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to
our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the
western tip of Lake Superior and was voted "Best Town" by Outside
Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world
offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or
rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round
activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock
climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a
top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named "Best
Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland" and "Best
Workplace Culture" by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting
equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national
origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran
status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of
public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Cirrus Aircraft, Duluth , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!