Associate Director - Product Management
Company: Tata Communications
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Role involves overall responsibility for success of the UCC
Microosft business for the India markets (the Territory). Candidate
will work with product managers owning each UCC service to ensure
service localization, adaptation to suit market requirements, sales
readiness, and sales support for the Territory.
- Ownership of Regional Targets: ensure achievement of Territory
financial and non-financial business objectives for UCC.
- Go-To-Market strategy: work with Territory sales management to
define and execute optimal GTM strategy and prioritization for key
geographies and market segments. Should drive consideration and
planning based on market size / potential, direct and partner
strategies, network access, cost structures, and GTM and sales
strategy, and partner selection.
- Sales & Partner Enablement: Develop internal training and
supporting documentation necessary, and leverage respective product
managers and engineering, to train TCL and partner sales,
commercial management, solution architects, and others involved in
selling and supporting service offerings, and on necessary
- Pre-Sales Process: Institute pre-sales process involving sales,
BDMs, SEs, and commercial management, and ensure all relevant
stakeholders are adequately trained on service offering, value
proposition, and sales process. Aim to enable all teams to handle
80% of all requirements by leveraging templates and other
materials, with direct product engagement on remaining 20%. Work
with services operations teams to ensure appropriate level of
operational review and approval on non-standard bids in
- Sales Support: Act as subject matter expert, support resource,
and escalation point in support of individual deals for both TCL
and partner. Provide hands-on support in preparation of bid
responses for large, complex, or unique deal requirements. Act as
gatekeeper in qualification process where necessary, and lead
effort to position product effectively with qualified prospects
with solution selling process.
- Service Localization: overall responsibility for definition and
execution of localization requirements. Work with product managers
and services engineering team to ensure optimal localization.
Experience / Qualifications
- Sales and sales overlay support experience in Microsoft Teams
- Subject matter expertise in UCC and knowledge of all leading
vendor solutions and offerings
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, MBA or equivalent
- Experience in managed services sales, solution selling, complex
sales, and managing enterprise customer negotiations and
- Experience in a start-up environment and / or starting a new
business in large organization.
- Business management exposure or experience and understanding of
P&L and cost models.
- Ability to achieve results through virtual teams of internal
and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and overall
- Creativity, flexibility, and openness to alternative
- International experience and experience working in a
- Ability to set priorities, develop and execute a clear and
concise plan, and drive execution.
Key Result Areas (outcomes)
- Achieve the financial objectives for TP business in Territory
as defined in the business plan.
- Territory GTM strategy: definition and implementation of
effective TP GTM strategy in the Territory, agreed and jointly
managed with regional sales teams.
- Direct and Partner Sales readiness
- Pre-sales process: institute effective pre-sales process for
- Pre-sales support and governance on major deals.
- Service Localization: Define and drive appropriate localization
of service offering, program requirements, processes, and
- Major partner relationship management to support and
- Management of project teams and virtual teams to achieve
- Reports to Sr. Director UCC Solutions. No direct reports, but
management of / collaboration with multiple groups to achieve
desired outcomes. Extensive collaboration expected with:
Territory sales and sales management
UCC Services Engineering
UCC Product team
UCC Services Operations
Cisco/major partner Sales for Territory
TCL commercial management
Partners: Glowpoint, Di Data, IBM etc.
- Major SP partners
Keywords: Tata Communications, Duluth , Associate Director - Product Management, Other , Virginia, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!