Company: Fraser Shipyards
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you are looking for a challenging rewarding career, then
consider joining Fraser Shipyards! With a passion for the maritime
industry, Fraser Shipyards has decades of experience in building
and servicing crafts of all shapes and sizes. Customers count on
the quality and responsiveness of Fraser's people, products, and
services for everything from in situ emergency repairs to brand-new
craft to large industrial fabrications. Known for a commitment to
quality, a reputation for reliability and outstanding values,
Fraser Shipyards is further committed to provide a safe work
The Guard maintains safe and secure environment for customers
and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and
***This is mostly an afternoon shift (1:15pm-9:15pm) with mostly
days being Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.***
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property;
monitoring and authorizing entrance to the property; inspecting
buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms and responds to building
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities,
informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information,
occurrences, and surveillance activities, obtaining
- Conducts yard rounds and watches for any issues by viewing
cameras to ensure safety of the yard.
- Maintains daily traffic log.
- Informs staff of visitors, yields phone calls and transfers
them to the right staff.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying
with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new
equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Maintains all safety standards.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge in standard practices in basic property security
- Follows directions and procedures under limited
- Conducts basic problem-solving skills without supervision
- Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
- Ability to detail and alert at all times to ensure safety
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisor
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to learn new duties and assignments through on-the-job
- Ability to work rotating shift work.
- Applicants with prior experience in similar setting
- High School Diploma or GE preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
Position requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
kneeling, crawling, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, overhead
work, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Work in
areas at times that are at times not environmentally controlled.
Ability to work in inclement weather conditions. Able to
move/lift/pull/push 50 lbs.
Fraser Shipyards is an equal opportunity employer including
disability and vets.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Fraser Shipyards, Duluth , Guard, Other , Superior, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!