Safety Coordinator - Full-time, Temporary
Company: APi Group Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a
reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of
proven success in solving difficult challenges for our commercial
and industrial customers. We're headquartered in Duluth, MN with
offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI,
Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY. The Jamar
Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply, Arrowhead
Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS.
We are looking for an organized, detailed and team-oriented Safety
Coordinator to fill a full-time, temporary position with our safety
team. This person will coordinate and manage all aspects of safety
administrative support, including confidential regulatory and
personnel paperwork, customer compliance, database updating and
maintenance, claims management, department communications,
documents and manuals. The ideal candidate has initiative,
self-discipline, strong attention to detail and the desire to make
an impact in this role with Jamar.
Status: Full-time, temporary position. Expected to last 8 to 12
* Two-year/AA degree in business management or administration, with
at least two years' experience in a fast-paced, complex
administrative role, or high school degree or equivalent and at
least four years' experience in a fast-paced, complex
* Ability to work with and maintain confidential data and
* Strong computer skills; Microsoft Suite (including Access), mut
be proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of
google docs preferred.
* Strong organization skills: successfully multi-task, prioritize,
meet deadlines and produce accurate work.
* Previous safety related experience is preferred.
* Must have a valid state driver's license with clean driving
record and ability to travel to work sites as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Maintain compliance with customer-specific safety qualification
websites; ensure that insurance certificates are current, employee
training is assigned and completed, submit required employee
qualifications and licensing, etc.
* Assist in managing the company Substance Use program.
* Update and maintain the safety database / statistics. Prepare and
distribute weekly and monthly reports.
* Assist in claims management process.
* Assist in maintaining compliance with company Fleet Policy.
* Assist in the development of and distribution of safety related
information to employees.
* Plan and coordinate safety meetings and other department
* Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to
enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company
support as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong customer service skills
* Demonstrated coaching/mentoring skills, problem solving
* Collaborate effectively with others.
* Excellent communication skills: ability to clearly explain
complex information and processes.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the
day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to
move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office
* Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external
stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online
* Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as
* The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
* Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant
* PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas
* Hard Hat
* Safety Glasses / Goggles
* Steel-toed Boots
* High Visibility Vest
* Hearing Protection (designated areas)
* Personal Fall Arrest Harness
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources
Jamar is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
Keywords: APi Group Corporation, Duluth , Safety Coordinator - Full-time, Temporary, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!