Volunteer Coordinator/Operations Assistant
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This is a dual position working as a Volunteer Coordinator and
an Operations Assistant with Fairview Range Home Care and Hospice
located in International Falls, MN. Some travel to Hibbing, MN may
The Volunteer Coordinator coordinates all aspects of the hospice
volunteer program in both International Falls and Hibbing including
recruitment, retention, training and orientation, and works under
the direction of the Hospice Coordinator and Manager.The Operations
Assistant coordinates scheduling of home health aides and home
makers, completes monthly schedules, updates schedules as needed,
and schedules new clients. Contacts paraprofessional staff with
available shifts/hours, collaborates with RN staff, and
communicates with patient/family members. Maintains documents
related to scheduling. Confirms visits for billing purposes.
Provides support, planning and assistance to staff to ensure
effective operations including maintenance of office files and
systems, reception and secretarial duties.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects interested volunteer
candidates using identified human resource standards consistently
in the process.
- Plans and organizes volunteer recognition activities.
- Designs and implements a training program for volunteers, which
incorporates all necessary requirements for such training. Provides
education to hospice staff and community on role of hospice
- Maintains and updates schedules of volunteers to determine
recruitment needs and ensure appropriate volunteer coverage to
- Coordinates scheduling of paraprofessional staff.
- Communicates staffing issues and need for additional staff with
- Maximizes use of resources in a cost effective manner (i.e.
mileage and travel time).
- Ensures accurate billing and payroll information.
- Triage telephone calls, fax documents and distribute incoming
faxes, process mail, makes photocopies, etc. to enhance workflow
within office setting.
- Coordinates admission and works with the client to establish
their homemaking service plan.
- Experience in one area of health care related services.
- 1-2 years of post-secondary education.
- People-oriented person with a desire to build relationships and
- Previous experience with staffing and scheduling
- Must be proficient in keyboarding and be knowledgeable in
Microsoft Windows and Excel.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Duluth , Volunteer Coordinator/Operations Assistant, Other , hibbing, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!