PRN Hospice Chaplain
Company: Moments Hospice
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Hospice Chaplain is responsible for the provision of
spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers of
Moments Hospice either directly or through coordination of care
with other spiritual counselors.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients and
families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services
are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized the plan of
care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet
identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and
related activities for quality assurance, program development, and
policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with
community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group
meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the
interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
- Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and
spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and
family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and
offering education through congregations about hospice care.
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as
- Works with staff to provide bereavement to personnel,
volunteers, and community clergy/spiritual counselors working with
the hospice team.
- Assists in supervision of spiritual care volunteers when
assigned to patients/ families/caregivers.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.Accepts and performs other related
duties and responsibilities as required.
- Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology (BD, MDiv
or equivalent theological degree). Experience working with death
and dying, individuals/family/caregiver.
- Ability to work as member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Comfort in an interfaith setting.
- Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and
- Ability to network with community clergy and
- Knowledge of and commitment to hospice philosophy of care.
- Hospice/ experience preferred.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
Job Type: Part-time
- Chaplain: 3 years (Preferred)
Keywords: Moments Hospice, Duluth , PRN Hospice Chaplain, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!