As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the
University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota
Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health
professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and
sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering
exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and
training the next generation of health professionals.
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a Medical
Oncologist/Hematologist to join our community practice at Fairview
Range Health Services in Hibbing, MN and our new location at Grand
Itasca Clinic and Hospital in Grand Rapids, MN.
This position is a collaborative one between MHealth Cancer
Care, Fairview Range Medical Center, and Grand Itasca Clinic and
Hospital with the physician being domiciled in the Hibbing/Grand
Rapids MN region with additional opportunities to work with other
health care organizations within the region.
- We welcome physicians with special interests in the management
of oncologic issues such as but not limited to: Breast cancer,
colon cancer, lung and esophageal cancer, leukemia and lymphoma,
prostate cancer and gynecologic cancer.
- Physician will have the ability to develop a practice as a
general hematologist and oncologist and maintain a special area of
- Affiliated with the University of Minnesota, our community
clinics provide exceptional, patient-centered care along with the
ability to participate in leading-edge clinical trials.
- Opportunity to hold an academic appointment, if
- 1.0 FTE - 4 day clinical work week; 3 days in Hibbing and 1 day
in Grand Rapids.
- As a Pioneer Accountable Care Organization (ACO), our
physicians use a multidisciplinary team approach in managing
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- H1B Visa accepted.
- 2-year market competitive salary guarantee with ability to
exceed on production compensation program
- Sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME
allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement
contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Oncology/Hematology fellowship
training program and Board Certified/Board Prepared with the
America Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain DEA certification for the
State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at
affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M
Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a
collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians,
University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services
to create a nationally renowned academic health system that
combines academic and community resources to provide the very best
clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting
research and education across the joint healthcare delivery
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful
Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place
to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more
information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation
that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links
Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
Surrounded by the beauty of the North Woods, Hibbing--the
largest city on the Iron Range of Minnesota--is an educational,
cultural and economic center for the northeast region of the state.
Three major highways provide easy access to the east and west range
cities, Duluth, the Twin Cities and Canada. Abundant residential
and commercial property is affordable in Hibbing, a community that
boasts a strong educational system and workforce. Hibbing also is
known for unlimited four-season recreational activities, including
access to more than a million acres of pristine yet rugged
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits
and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the
exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging
assignments and the opportunities for advancement.