Patient Services Representative
Company: NorthLakes Community Clinic
Location: Iron River
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Patient Services
Representative to join our team! The schedule for this position is
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, and is based at our Iron River Clinic
location. The Patient Service Representative's (PSR) main purpose
is to navigate patients through Northlakes Community Clinic's
services. The PSR will do this by helping to identify and remove
barriers by connecting patients to appropriate resources and/or
services they need in order to be successful with overall health
Patient Services Representative duties include but
are not limited to:
- Utilize EMR/EDR systems to accurately capture patient
demographic information and schedule appointments with appropriate
- Participate in trainings regarding Customer Service, HIPAA,
Business Etiquette, Forms, and Department Flows and ensure
compliance in day-to-day operations.
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs
caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a telephone note for
response by the appropriate personnel.
- Manage automated reminder responses, and conducts reminder
calls to all patients, as needed.
- Creates a welcoming environment for patients and visitors by
greeting them when they enter our clinic. Directs them to the
appropriate locations as needed.
- Understand services provided within the clinic and also
services provided across the organization. Understand how to
navigate patients to those services.
- Explain department flow and Patient Experience within your
service line to patients.
- Helps to process/coordinate internal and external referrals as
appropriate for department/site needs.
- Coordinates prior authorizations for patients based on
insurance guidelines as required.
- Verifies patient's insurance eligibility by checking necessary
portals for current status.
- Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash
- Patient Services Representative shall be cross-trained in the
functions of various front desk duties, as some positions may be
more specialized than others.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus either one year
certificate from college or technical school; or three to six
months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Previous customer service experience is required.
- Ability to pass a Wisconsin Healthcare background check.
- Wearing a mask is a requirement for all of our positions.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate computerized applications
associated with job duties. Example: EMR, EDR, VSC, Patient Portal,
Insurance Portals, Reminder Call system, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ethics, HIPAA, Business Etiquette,
etc. as evidenced by current training certificate of
- $14.28-$16.92/hour depending on experience
Deadline to Apply
Benefits Package Includes:
- Health and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan-- up to 4% employer match
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement (eligible after one year of
- Employer-paid life insurance benefit
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability insurance
Email with questions. To apply for this position or for
additional information, please visit our website at
As a Community Health Center, we provide care to
everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Our Mission is to
respond to the healthcare needs of our communities with an
integrated array of quality services and actively remove barriers
to wellness. We take pride in our team of passionate professionals
who work to make a difference in the lives of all people. Our
Vision is healthy, prosperous, engaged communities where everyone
thrives. We work towards our vision by providing comprehensive,
integrated, whole-person care, including medical, dental,
behavioral health, and prescription services.
NorthLakes Community Clinic is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: NorthLakes Community Clinic, Duluth , Patient Services Representative, Other , Iron River, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!