Company: Interim Healthcare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To assure quality patient/client care and services are provided
to in home clients. Accountable for making decisions based on
his/her educational preparation and experience in nursing.
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial
specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon
principles of psychological, biological, physical and social
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and
social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client
- Visits in home clients to evaluate the quality of care being
provided and reviews clinical notes.
- Completes nursing initial and ongoing assessments of all in
home clients within specified deadlines.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient/client and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing the patients/clients progress.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient/client care and planning for
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for
use in the home.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Offices Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively
manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information (PHI) necessary to fulfill
the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to
disclose PHI is further defined by each
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current
license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she
- Preferred: Community health and a wide range of
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and evidence of current CPR certification for
adults, children and infants.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to occasionally travel within geographic area serviced by
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
environment but may require frequent visits to patient/client
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim Healthcare, Duluth , Case Manager, Other , duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!