Company: The Jamar Company
Posted on: September 4, 2020
THE JAMAR COMPANY
Duluth, MN 55807
For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation
as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven
success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and
commercial customers. We re headquartered in Duluth, MN with
offices in the twin cities metro area, Green Bay and Spooner, WI,
Bismarck and Watford City, ND, Windsor, CO and Mountain View, WY.
The Jamar Company also includes ASDCO Construction Supply,
Arrowhead Refrigeration, Industrial Contractors, Inc. and CMS
We are seeking to fill the role of QA/QC Associate with an
innovative, self-directed individual looking to work with our QA/QC
and industrial teams. The successful candidate will work with the
QA/QC Inspectors to maintain quality practices for Jamar and ensure
company procedures are being followed; develop general knowledge of
processes, codes, and job specifications; and assist with routine
QA/QC inspections as required. In this role, the employee will
obtain knowledge of NDT equipment operations and associated
documentation of inspections and testing. This position is located
at our customer site location (a refinery), and at other off-site
* AAS degree or 2-year certificate/diploma in an Industrial
Maintenance program or related field is required.
* Familiarity with general NDE Practices, Welding Processes, and
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite programs, Word, Excel and
* Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings and specifications; ability to read and understand
technical documents and symbols and to apply this knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Provide quality control support for projects as needed, for all
jobs performed by Jamar or in conjunction with another APi Group
* Under supervision, performs NDE inspection and documentation of
* Ensures products & workmanship meet and/or exceed standards and
* Assists Inspection Supervisor and other QA/QC personnel as
* Report results of inspections, both in written form or through
use of computer, for review and approval.
* Maintain welder continuity log in conjunction with the QA/QC
* Works at a pace where employee can obtain quality and quantity of
inspection/testing consistent with operational requirements. Must
be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
* Work from job sites as required to monitor quality control
performance. Track and document work activities and assemble all
required information for packages per our ASME programs.
* Effectively communicates departmental requirements and
* Represent the company, both internally and externally in a
professional manner consistent with our values and mission.
* Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives
designed to enhance the overall good of the company. These
activities include sister company support for sales, marketing and
lead sharing, participation in brainstorming sessions and an
overall willingness to share ideas.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to perform each duty and responsibility
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple, basic
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to other employees of the organization.
* Sufficient education, training, and experience to ensure
qualification in inspection methods being used.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Conflict resolution skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes
moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
* The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
* Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant
and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard,
customer, or construction areas include:
* FR Clothing
* Hard Hat
* Safety Glasses / Goggles
* Steel-toed Boots
* High Visibility Vest
* Hearing Protection (as required)
* Personal Fall Arrest Harness
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Long-Term Disability
* Paid Time Off
* Compensation commensurate with experience
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid
partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don t just hire anyone.
We hire extraordinary people the kind who:
* Share our values
* Never stop learning
* Care about the community
* Strive for continuous improvement
* Thrive in a team environment
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources
Jamar is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English Spanish Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English Spanish Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here..
Keywords: The Jamar Company, Duluth , QA/QC Associate, Other , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!