Forge/Machine Operator - $23.28/hr 1 1
Company: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation
Posted on: January 22, 2023
This position is open for domestic candidates only.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Night shift position - 7pm - 7am (3 days on, 3 days off)
* Work involves routine tasks requiring the safe operation of forge
equipment, forge checks at routine intervals, and routine quality
checks to ensure finish products meet customer specifications.
* Performs forge start-up and shutdown procedures, which includes
knowing the functions of lights and switches on forge control panel
* Starts and adjusts vary-freq drives.
* Resets forge electrical breakers, oil system breaker, unscrambler
breaker, and rounder breaker.
* Starts up all conveyors using proper start-up procedures.
* Resets AJAX cabinet breaker and replaces and aligns coils.
* Replaces and aligns slings on the unscrambler.
* Performs basic troubleshooting on finger and arm, stock gauge,
kicker pin and springs, worn tooling, transfer lift, and bar
* Performs conversions, including all forge tooling, all pinch
rolls and bar conveyors, and forge timing and die alignment.
* Changes and aligns rounder dies.
* Changes forge motor, if needed.
* Checks and sets forge stop positioning.
* Adjusts and sets overdrive.
* Performs process monitoring, measurement, and required adjustment
to ensure production of quality products.
* Accurately completes daily control sheet, forge sheet, and safety
* Attends and participates in monthly safety meetings.
Performs other duties, as assigned by the Plant Superintendent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
* Time and a half Sunday premium
* Additional night shift pay premium
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* 401K with company match
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all
employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau
that there will be no discrimination against any employee or
applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status,
disability, or other legally protected status. All external
applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the
country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the
Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to
discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment
at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866)
788-2798 or email@example.com.
Nearest Major Market: Duluth MN
Nearest Secondary Market: Superior WI
Keywords: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation, Duluth , Forge/Machine Operator - $23.28/hr 1 1, Human Resources , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!