Material Handler - $21.39/hr
Company: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Performs a variety of repetitive material handling duties necessary
to receive and store raw materials, and package, store, load, and
ship finished products to customers, which requires a basic
understanding of the warehouse, shipping, and production areas.
Operates forklift, overhead crane, and railcar puller to facilitate
the efficient transfer of materials and products to and from
production lines, warehouse areas, shipping areas, trucks, and
railcars. Receives limited supervision with specific day to day
instructions for assigned tasks from the Warehouse Supervisor
and/or Material Handler Team Lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This person must be able to work night shift; Night shift position
- 7pm - 7am (3 days on, 3 days off)
* Work involves routine tasks requiring the safe operation of
forklift, overhead crane, and railcar puller to properly load and
unload raw materials and finished products on and off specified
* As required, or directed, operates forklift and overhead crane to
transfer finished product from production lines and secure product
* Moves packaged product to storage area or loading dock.
* Places supply items at proper storage location.
* Accurately completes Material Handlers sheet and Safety
* Coordinates with Production employees on changes to size or
grades of products to ensure that the correct materials are loaded
for the production setup.
* Receives instructions from Warehouse Supervisor, Shipping
Coordinator, and/or Material Handler Team Lead regarding customer
loading requirements, product selection and vehicle type and
* Accurately completes all required truck and railcar
* Attends and participates in monthly safety meetings.
High school diploma or GED. Ability to complete forklift and
overhead crane certifications during the initial orientation
period. Ability to read, write, add, subtract and follow
0-3 months work experience. Experience/knowledge in manufacturing
setting and operating forklifts and overhead cranes preferred.
Basic torch and welding skills preferred.
* Time and a half Sunday premium
* Additional night shift pay premium
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* 401K with company match
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
Keywords: Gerdau Ameristeel Corporation, Duluth , Material Handler - $21.39/hr, Human Resources , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!