Director of Human Resources
Company: Western Lake Superior Sanitary District
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Western Lake Superior Sanitary District (WLSSD), a
nationally recognized leader in environmental protection and
pollution prevention, seeks a Director of Human Resources to
oversee the management and development of a variety of human
resource functions, including, but not limited to, labor relations,
recruitment, benefits, training and development. Minimum
Qualifications Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited
college or university in Human Resources/Personnel Management,
Organization Development or Business Administration Six (6) years
of progressive responsibility in human resources, labor relations,
benefits, training and development. Master's Degree preferred in
area of study SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP preferred Required knowledge,
skills and abilities include:
- Extensive knowledge of personnel administration and employment
laws and policies as related to recruitment and selection
practices, classification and compensation procedures, labor
relations, affirmative action, and benefits.
- Extensive knowledge of labor relations, including mediation,
arbitration and fact-finding practices.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public
- Knowledge of organizational and management practices as applied
to the analysis and evaluation of human resource programs, policies
and organizational needs.
- Ability to administer labor agreements, develop contract
language, and personnel policies; ability to manage people; ability
to maintain effective working relationships with staff,
subordinates, the Board, the general public, and other governmental
agencies; ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal
and written communications. Job Functions
- Plans, directs, and evaluates the operation of the human
resource functions of the District including staffing (hiring, job
descriptions, forward/ready replacement planning), labor relations
(contract negotiation, contract interpretation, grievances,
mediations/arbitrations, union/management committee, job review
committee), organizational development, benefits administration,
workers compensation and legal compliance (affirmative action, pay
- Provides support and guidance to all District supervisors and
employees in areas of human resource management, labor relations
and benefits administration.
- Formulates, implements and reviews short and long-term District
policies, objectives, goals and plans regarding staffing, staff
development and retention, training, compensation, benefits, and
other human resource programs which satisfy legal, contractual,
organizational and budgetary goals and constraints.
- Acts in a confidential role for the District Board, Executive
Director, and other supervisory/managerial employees.
- Provides guidance and leadership in all areas of labor
relations by providing the overall management of labor negotiation,
grievances, contract interpretation and coordinate and/or present
management information in mediation and arbitration.
- Develops and coordinates grievance responses to provide a
consistent management policy on contractual matters.
- Provides a comprehensive program of recruitment, testing, and
hiring both permanent and temporary employees. Supervise the
personnel records and testing records in accordance with
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive program of skill
training, personnel training and other related training for
departments. Develop and manage the annual budget for training
based on the requests from work teams, etc.
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff 2626
Duluth, MN 55806
Keywords: Western Lake Superior Sanitary District, Duluth , Director of Human Resources, Human Resources , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!