Home Health Assistant
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving
others to work as a Home Health Assistant at Ecumen Home Care -
Lakeshore in Duluth, MN!We're hiring caring, compassionate people
like you to provide personal care and health-related services to
help make the lives of our clients more fulfilling and enjoyable.
As a caregiver at Ecumen, you'll put people at the heart of what
you do and find new ways to exceed people's expectations every
day.Ecumen is over 150-years-old and one of the nation's top 25
non-profit providers of senior housing and aging services. In 2017,
we proudly celebrated our 10th year as a "Best Place to Work"
awarded by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.The Home
Health Assistant is responsible for providing personal care and
other designated health-related services designed to maintain the
client's physical and emotional well-being, in compliance with the
Home Care/Hospice policies, procedures and standards for the Home
Health Assistant. Essential job responsibilities include:
- Provides personal care to clients per client's individualized
care plan. Promotes independence with Clients, offering choices and
fostering self-help skills.
- Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive,
and emotional condition of clients.
- Communicates with client and/or family members while in
client's home as appropriate. Participates in care conferences with
other health team members as needed
- Prepares meals as directed and requested, following special
meal plans if instructed. May provide light housekeeping and
laundry services as directed by the care plan.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire and other
emergency situations.Home Health AssistantMinimum Required
- 17 years of age or older
- Licensure/Certification Required: Certified Nursing Assistant
and satisfactory test out of the HHA component
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and
procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable
Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal
Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, MSDS Preferred
- High school diploma, GED, or higher
- Previous experience working with seniorsEcumen is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, disability or veteran status. We
participate in E-Verify.
Keywords: Ecumen, Duluth , Home Health Assistant, Healthcare , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!