Physical Therapist (FT, PT and PRN)
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Ecumen Lakeshore seeks a Physical Therapist to join its team.
Ecumen Lakeshore consists of 140 independent living and assisted
living rental apartment homes as well as 60 short stay rehab beds,
20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services
and is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older
adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to
empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have
consistently recognized Ecumen as a "Best Place to Work," an award
by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
This position is responsible providing physical therapy services
including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic
interventions within professional practices and ethical standards.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive assessments and treatment planning to
effictively meet patient's goals and provides quality care by
assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results;
determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by
- Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary
supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate
independence. Administers therapy statements according to a
treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs
treatments given by aides and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing,
documenting and evaluating patient's progress; recommends and
implements adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians,
nurses, social workers and other health care workers; contributing
to patient care conferences.
- Ensures continuations of therapeutic plan by designing and
instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise
programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient record;
provides accurate and detailed record of services rendered for
- Supervises and develops the physical therapy staff. Maintains
professional and technical knowledge.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state
regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals
and when applicable other professional certifications.
Physical TherapistMinimum Required Qualifications:
- Bacehlor's degree (at minimum) in Physical Therapy.
- Previous experience working as a Physical Therapist.
- Licensure/Certification: Current license, state certification,
or registered as a Physical Therapist in good standing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including
able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and
procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable
Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal
Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and
Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations. Preferred
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree
- 2+ years previous experience in home health, hospice or senior
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, disability or veteran status. We
participate in E-Verify.
Keywords: Ecumen, Duluth , Physical Therapist (FT, PT and PRN), Healthcare , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!