Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Ecumen Lakeshore seeks a Physical Therapist Assistant to join its team. Ecumen Lakeshore consists of 140 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes as well as 60 short stay rehab beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services and is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a "Best Place to Work," an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal. This position assists the physical therapists in the implementation of patient rehabilitation programs to help improve patient mobility, function and strength. Essential job responsibilities include:
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses under the direction of the Physical Therapist.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Documents patient care services by recording progress during therapy sessions, measures and tracks range of motion.
- Identifies patient care issues by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations and reviewing therapy history.
- Cleans and prepares equipment for therapy session, straightens and cleans rooms.
- Maintains supplies.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications. Physical Therapist Assistant Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Licensure/Certification: as required by the state.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations including able to work irregular hours, attend meetings and special events.
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years previous experience in home health, hospice or senior care Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status. We participate in E-Verify and pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Ecumen, Duluth , Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!