Hospice Aide (CNA)
Company: St. Croix Hospice
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Duluth-MN - Duluth, MN
Join our St. Croix Hospice Family!
The Hospice Aide is a paraprofessional member of the
interdisciplinary group working under the supervision of a
registered nurse and performs various services for a patient to
meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. This role
has responsibility for observing the patient, reporting and
documenting these observations and care performed. The Hospice Aide
will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity, and
safety of a patient's care.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide patients the needed care and attention to create a
sanitary and orderly environment.
- Offer positive communication with the patient and family,
within realm of ethical and respectful care, including
- Perform personal care including bathing, nail and skin care,
brushing teeth and other personal hygiene.
- Take and record vital signs.
- Aid in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals, including shopping and
assist in feeding the patient if needed.
- Assess and report on patient's condition and significant
changes to the Case Manager.
- Assist in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the Hospice
Nurse or Therapist.
- Provide normal range of motion, transfers and positioning as
- Assist with self-administered medications as allowed by state
regulations, such as "reminders."
- Complete range of motion and other simple procedures as an
extensional therapy service.
- Adhere to St. Croix Hospice documentation and care procedures
and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Participate in quality assessment performance improvement teams
- Respectful of the patient and family/caregiver environment and
patient's personal needs.
We offer amazing benefits including growth opportunities! We have
career opportunities both locally and regionally and many of our
leaders have grown from within the company and truly understand how
vital each role is in creating quality care.
- The opportunity to work 1-1 with our patients, impacting their
life and their families.
- Two medical plan choices
- Dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Customized Mental Health Support Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan with up to 4% employer matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and
Skills & Qualifications
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills such as
empathy and compassion
- Time management and organizational skills
- High integrity including the ability to maintain
- Demonstrates tact and patience
- Understands the hospice philosophy, comfortable providing
specialized care to the terminally ill.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) designation and meet
the State specific training requirements.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured according to
organizational requirements and is in good working order.
Keywords: St. Croix Hospice, Duluth , Hospice Aide (CNA), Healthcare , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!