Travel: Surgical Rad Tech - Duluth, MN
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position DescriptionCOOK NEEDED URGENTLYJOB SUMMARY:The Prep
Cook under the direction of the FANS Management team performs
routine daily tasks related to food preparation needs of the
Nutritional Service Department, ensuring a clean and sanitized work
area. Provides the highest level of customer service at all
- Prepares all required "cold" items consistently following
without exception all standardized recipes and portion control for
both inpatient and retail areas.
- Assists with catering function set-ups as needed.
- Fills in for cafeteria works as needed in their absence.
- Works as a good steward of the department resources; using and
making sure that all portion control and serving guidelines are
- Communicates accurate information regarding all food service
areas to Operation Manager. Maintains confidentiality of
information contained in the department and in the organization as
it relates to Standards of Behavior and HIPAA compliance.
- Assist with food and equipment temperature logs.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of PPE with a thorough
understanding of procedures to minimize exposure. Consistently uses
proper hand washing procedures.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of the trash
disposal process and system.
- Ensures that proper sanitation is maintained in all areas of
- Helps maintain department facilities, equipment, supplies and
materials in a manner which promotes efficiency and safety.
- Effectively uses Ecellent Customer Service model with all
internal and external customers.
- Consistently produces a good quality product utilizing
creativity and knowledge to produce food items that are
aesthetically pleasing and tasteful.
- Cleans work areas on own initiative, continually maintains a
neat and sanitary work area.
- Completes other duties as
- Not applicableEDUCATION
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, preferred.EXPERIENCE:
- One year of experience in healthcare food and nutrition
services preferred.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Adaptability - Effectively adapts to work within new work
structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Energy - Maintains high levels of activity or productivity;
sustaining long working hours when necessary;
- Empathy - Deals effectively with others who may be experiencing
stress and loss to reduce tension
- Stress Tolerance - Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Communication - Communicate clearly, proactively, and concisely
with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
- Customer Engagement - Able to effectively engage with patients
and family member as appropriate to meet there need and expectation
for cleanliness during their staySPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to
work in environments containing human blood and body fluids. Must
be able to speak, write, and read in English.SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Age legend does not apply. This position does not have
responsibility for the assessment, treatment and care of patients.
- Responsibility for the safety of others: Position requires that
the employee be on constant alert for possible hazards that may
create unsafe conditions in the hospital. Possible hazards that
should be watched for include, but are not limited to: faulty
equipment or machinery; spills on floors, etc. Such conditions must
be immediately reported to the employee's supervisor or the Plant
- Responsibility for physical assets: The employee will be
responsible for the equipment and supplies that are issued to
perform job functions during his/her shift. Employees are
responsible for tagging and depositing with the Security Department
personal property found during their duties.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The
individual spends 75 % or more of their time inside. Frequent
variation in temperatures may occur as individual collects frozen
and refrigerated food items from the walk-in freezer/refrigerator
and extremes of heat from ovens. Moderate intermittent noise from
kitchen equipment. The potential for exposure to blood-borne
pathogens, bodily fluids, or other potentially-infectious materials
is minimal to none.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:This position is responsible
for all cold food items prepared for inpatient and retails
services. Portions and prepares cold food items such as salads,
cold appetizers, desserts, sandwiches, salad dressings, and cold
banquet platters as well as working with the line cook to help prep
food orders.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:This position is primarily medium work
in nature. The maximum amount of lifting is fifty (50) pounds, with
frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25
pounds. The position requires constant standing and walking. Must
meet the hospital's established health requirements. Requires the
ability to exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written
word.DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:Moderate, must be able to follow
instructions and verbalize understanding of tasks.EQUIPMENT
USED:This position involves minimal exposure to infectious waste,
that mandates the wearing of gloves. Protective clothing and
equipment include rubber soled shoes, oven mitts, aprons, hair
covering, steel slicing gloves, safety belts and freezer
Keywords: CorTech, Duluth , Travel: Surgical Rad Tech - Duluth, MN, Healthcare , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!