Medical Assistant (CMA)
Company: NorthLakes Community Clinic
Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are looking for a full-time (.75 FTE) Certified Medical
Assistant to join our team! The schedule for this position is
Monday-Friday and is based at our Minong Clinic location. This
position is a Regional CMA, meaning this position would work at
other Central clinic locations as needed for coverage. Travel is a
requirement for this position. A Certified Medical Assistant's
purpose is defined by their ability to connect the patient to their
provider(s). A successful Certified Medical Assistant will
anticipate patient's and provider's needs by using the tools and
resources available to them within their scope of certification.
CMA's assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of the Provider by performing the following duties.
Certified Medical Assistant duties include but are not limited
- Participate in a daily huddle with the care team
- Rooms patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse,
temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records
information in patient's electronic health records.
- Gathers information from the patient about current symptoms,
medications, and allergies and enters into the patient's electronic
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and
- Hands instruments and materials to the provider as
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or
contacts medical facility or department to schedule patients for
- Gives injections or treatments, and may perform routine
- Reviews and understands the immunization status of patients.
Assists providers in developing strategies for patients to become
- Schedules appointments, maintain electronic medical records,
performs reception tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals for
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant, current licensure
as a Licensed Practical Nurse, or current certificate in Nursing
(CNA), in the state of Wisconsin.
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program and certified within
one year of the date of hire (must pass certification within two
attempts). NorthLakes will reimburse up to $155.00 for this
- Ability to pass a Wisconsin Healthcare background check.
- CPR certification within 6 months of hire.
- Wearing a mask is a requirement for all of our positions.
- Travel is a requirement for this position. Preferred Skills:
- Current Medical Assistant Certification.
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Health Record program.
- Non-Certified: $14.28-$16.92/hour depending on experience
- Certified: $15.75-$18.66/hour depending on experienceDeadline
- Until FilledBenefits Package Includes:
- Health and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan-- up to 4% employer match
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) *pro-rated to FTE
- Generous holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement (eligible after one year of
- Employer-paid life insurance benefit
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability insuranceEmail
email@example.com with any questions. To apply for this
position or for additional information, please visit our website at
As a Community Health Center, we provide care to everyone,
regardless of their ability to pay. Our Mission is to respond to
the healthcare needs of our communities with an integrated array of
quality services and actively remove barriers to wellness. We take
pride in our team of passionate professionals who work to make a
difference in the lives of all people. Our Vision is Healthy,
prosperous, engaged communities where everyone thrives. We work
towards our vision by providing comprehensive, integrated,
whole-person care, including medical, dental, behavioral health,
and prescription services. NorthLakes Community Clinic is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered
for employment regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification
protected by applicable law.PM20 PI131836131
Keywords: NorthLakes Community Clinic, Duluth , Medical Assistant (CMA), Healthcare , Minong, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!