Certified Medical Assistant
Company: NorthLakes Community Clinic
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Our family medicine practice is growing and we are looking for a
part-time (.2 FTE) Certified Medical Assistant to join our team!
This position will work an 8-hour shift on Thursdays. This position
is based at our Hurley Clinic location. A Certified Medical
Assistant's purpose is defined by their ability to connect the
patient to their provider(s). A successful Certified Medical
Assistant (CMA) will anticipate patient's and provider's needs by
using the tools and resources available to them within their scope
of certification. CMA's assist in the examination and treatment of
patients under the direction of the Provider by performing the
following duties.Certified Medical Assistant duties include but are
not limited to:
- Rooms patients, measures vital signs, reconciles medications
and records information in patient's electronic health record.
- Gathers information from the patient about current symptoms,
medications, and allergies and enters into the patient's electronic
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or
contacts medical facility or department to schedule patients for
- Gives injections or treatments, and may perform routine
- Reviews and understands the immunization status of patients.
Assists providers in developing strategies for patients to become
- Schedules appointments, maintains electronic medical records,
performs reception tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals for
- Participate in a daily huddle with the care team..
- Current, valid, unrestricted certification to work as a
Certified Medical Assistant.
- Ability to pass a Wisconsin Healthcare background check.
- CPR certification within 90 days of hire.
- Wearing a mask is a requirement for all of our
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Health Record
- Certified Medical Assistant: $15.75-$18.66/hour depending on
experienceDeadline to Apply
- Until FilledBenefits Package Includes:
- 403b retirement plan-- up to 4% employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) *prorated to FTE
- Holiday pay *prorated to FTEEmail email@example.com with
any questions. To apply for this position or for additional
information please visit our website at As a Community Health
Center, we provide care to everyone, regardless of their ability to
pay. Our Mission is to respond to the healthcare needs of our
communities with an integrated array of quality services and
actively remove barriers to wellness. We take pride in our team of
passionate professionals who work to make a difference in the lives
of all people. Our Vision is healthy, prosperous, engaged
communities where everyone thrives. We work towards our vision by
providing comprehensive, integrated, whole-person care, including
medical, dental, behavioral health, and prescription
services.NorthLakes Community Clinic is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification
protected by applicable law.PM20 PI131974675
Keywords: NorthLakes Community Clinic, Duluth , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Hurley, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!