Culinary Service Manager
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Ecumen Lakeshore seeks a Culinary Service Manager to join its team.
Ecumen Lakeshore consists of 140 independent living and assisted
living rental apartment homes as well as 60 short stay rehab beds,
20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care services
and is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older
adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to
empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have
consistently recognized Ecumen as a "Best Place to Work," an award
by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
Responsible for sales and food service operations of the caf--,
catering events and dining room oversight. This includes the
hiring, training, supervising and scheduling of staff. This manager
complies with food codes and sanitation guidelines. Maintains work
area in proper order and follows established policies and
procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of
service. Accurately handles money for transactions and deposits.
Complies with all federal and state regulations.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Supervises cooks, servers and caf--/catering assistants.
Assists with hiring, training and performance reviews.
- Creates, promotes, and/or maintains dining department menus,
pricing options, and services offered.
- Develops and markets cost effective food sales services offered
on and off site.
- Properly operates food equipment in the food preparation area,
and other equipment used by the catering and caf-- department.
Contacts service vendors for repairs as needed.
- Handles cash during transactions and deposits in an ethical
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in compliance
with state and federal rules and regulations for the food sales
services. Trains staff to ensure highest standard for sanitation.
Complies with established policies, procedures and practices of the
- Assists in meal preparation duties as assigned, including, but
not limited to, serving of meals, setting up catering events, caf--
supervision and clean-up while working within the established
Culinary Service ManagerMinimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED
- Must have experience working in a kitchen, catering, or event
- Current Servsafe Certification, complete with MN Food Manager's
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and
procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable
Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal
Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and
Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in food preparation
- Certified Diet Manager (CDM) or Certified Food Manager
- Experience developing and marketing catering services that are
cost effective on and off site.
- Senior Care Experience
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, familial status, disability or veteran status. We
participate in E-Verify.
Keywords: Ecumen, Duluth , Culinary Service Manager, Executive , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!