Manager Nursing - Duluth Surgical Suites
Company: SCA Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1
million patients each year and support physician specialists
holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our
teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians,
health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on
the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience
for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery
system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a
complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group
of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to
customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated
ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through
our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy
predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical
procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
going-and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall functioning of the
Nursing Department at our Duluth Surgical Suites location. As a
Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning,
implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to
discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting with
the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of
critical pathways and in accordance with the mission of the
Primary position responsibilities:
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, and ensures the implementation of
the patient's pathway to achieve identified outcomes
- Assumes a leadership role in the provision of quality nursing
care for patients receiving services within the nursing
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and
caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated
skills identified for position
- Supervises the smooth functioning of the unit on assigned
Secondary position responsibilities:
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and
continuity of care
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors, and fellow
employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and
professional hospital environment
- Communicates shift/unit issues to appropriate personnel in a
- Maintains and evaluate own clinical expertise and unit clinical
- Performs a yearly self-evaluation
- Attends 75% of unit-based staff meetings and demonstrates
review of minutes for all others
- Provides a unit based inservice, annually
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the
performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession
- Maintains and displays appropriate knowledge of professional
developments through printed material or other sources.
- Attends professional training seminars when appropriate for job
development and shares information with other staff members.
- Attends and participates in all applicable hospital training
and development workshops scheduled by the facility
- Maintains work area and equipment in a pristine manner
- Has attended and put into practice the principles of Service
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as
observed by management
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful, and
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Licenses or Certificates:
- Current Licensure in the State
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support
- CNOR preferred.
Total education, vocational training and experience (minimum
requirements of candidate):
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing and/or BSN,
Master's degree in Nursing/Management preferred.
Keywords: SCA Health, Duluth , Manager Nursing - Duluth Surgical Suites, Executive , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!