Director of Operations
Company: AmediSys, inc
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Job Description - Director of Operations (22011183) Requisition
Title Director of Operations Job Number: 22011183 Caregiving is our
Calling At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day. In home health, you'll be a true advocate
engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey
all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
needs. If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where
you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference
every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Line
of Business Homecare Schedule Full-time Primary Location United
States-Georgia-Duluth What You Will Do Reports to the Administrator
and AVP Operations and is responsible for overall organization and
financial management of the care center, direction of care center
operations and functions according to approved policies, procedures
and standards. Ensures the enhancement of business development, and
continuous improvement of care center efficiency and fiscal
success. Provides supervision to the clinical manager(s) who ensure
the delivery of quality care to patients. Maintains the image of
the care center in the community, as well as state and national
- Ensures the care center's compliance with all regulations,
laws, policies and procedures. Educates all staff members about
state, federal, and accreditation requirements (as applicable).
Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal laws
regarding licensure and certification of care center personnel and
- Ensures that all services are billed as provided to the proper
payor source. Analyzes available reimbursement data, identifies
trends and initiates appropriate plans of action. Collaborates with
appropriate staff to complete billing adjustments and maintenance
of accurate records of these adjustments.
- Directs weekly business development and management team
meetings with all appropriate staff and other members of the
medical community to promote home healthservices. Meets budgeted
admission goals in collaboration with Business Development team.
- Provides input, guidance and feedback related to marketing
activities and care center marketing plan to ensure that goals for
growth are met. Participates in marketing activities.
- Ensures adequate orientation of every team member assigned to
their care center.
- Assigns and directs staff with appropriate skills to perform
duties. Coaches, directs and encourages staff through use of formal
and informal means. Provides leadership planning for staff
education programs, administrative/staff meetings, in-services, and
encourages continuous education and staff development for all team
members. Sets positive, attainable expectations, objectives and
goals for the care center.
- Uses knowledge, experience, and other resources as necessary to
make logical decisions, solve problems, analyze work processes and
make suggestions for improvement.
- Develops care center budgets in coordination with the
Administrator and Area Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for care center financial and clinical performance
along with delivery on key metrics within established budget.
- Ensures implementation of a performance improvement program to
drive quality care, positive patient outcomes, and address negative
trends. Ensures issues and deficiencies identified during internal
or external surveys or audits are addressed and corrected. -
- Consults and collaborates with the Administrator and Area Vice
President of Clinical Operations in implementation of clinical
operations standards and processes.
- Responsible for the delivery of care for all patients served by
the care centers by providing supervision and support to the
- Participates in on call process, including admin on call,
preparing on call schedule, supports the on-call process.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and HIPAA/ Privacy
Program, Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct and Ethics.
Participates in activities associated with the management of
workplace health and safety. Identifies and reports health and
safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at
- Provides oversight and approval of payroll, ensures agency is
operating in accordance with current pay practices.
- Ensures care center operations are processed in accordance with
work flow standards. -
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Holds employees
accountable for the attainment of
- defined goals and objectives. Executes effective performance
redirection when needed. Develops employees through coaching,
mentoring, and formal/on the job training and development
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Associates
degree in Business or Clinical related field. Two (2+) years' home
care experience and at least one year of supervisory experience or
two (2+) years' experience in leadership/management in health care,
home health or hospice. - Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Clinical related field and
Licensed Clinical Professional.
- Home health experience.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
or other health care professional specific to that state the
employee is assigned to work by the company. Amedisys is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic. Benefits and More Amedisys cares
for our team members with the same commitment we have to our
patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the
opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
Keywords: AmediSys, inc, Duluth , Director of Operations, Executive , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!