Company: St. Luke's Duluth, MN
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Director-Quality Management plans, coordinates, monitors
and evaluates all components of an integrated quality system,
including quality measurement and reporting, patient safety
initiatives and risk management.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Must have a Bachelors Degree in Health Information
Management, Nursing, Health Care Management or a related field,
plus experience. Must obtain a Masters Degree within four (4) years
of employment at St. Lukes.
- Experience: Five (5) years of successful experience in a
healthcare setting which includes four (4) years of management
- License/Certification/Registration: Per applicable degree,
example; Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Health Information
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: N/A
- Experience: Direct experience in a health care quality
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered Records
Administrator or; Licensed Registered Nurse Certified Professional
in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Professional in Health
Care Risk Management (CPHRM).
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles, tools, techniques
and methods, statistics, data analysis, computer applications and
medical/legal issues. Knowledge of the principles and methods of
supervision and management. Ability to plan budget, organize,
implement and evaluate departmental activities and
responsibilities. Ability to effectively communicate both orally
and in writing; to establish and maintain good working
relationships; to exercise good judgment and accept personal
- READING - Advanced: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the
most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most
sensitive inquires or complaints.
- WRITING - Advanced: Ability to write speeches and articles for
publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- SPEAKING - Advanced: Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups of managers, top management,
public groups, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Intermediate Skills: Ability to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals and to calculate figures
and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to compute
rate, ratio, and percent and to draw or interpret bar graphs to
apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY - Advanced Skills: Ability to define and
solve problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid
conclusions and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Stand - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Walk - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Sit - Continuously Over 2/3 (5.5 - 8 hours)
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - Continuously Over 2/3
(5.5 - 8 hours)
- Reach with hands and arms - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5
- Stoop, Squat, Kneel, or Crouch - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5
- Bending-repetitive forward - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5
- Talk or hear - Continuously Over 2/3 (5.5 - 8 hours)
- LIFTING REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 10 pounds - Frequently 1/3 to 2/3 (2.5 - 5.5 hours)
- Up to 25 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office
with computers and printers, light traffic) Additional Information
Participates in Administrative Call as a pool with other
organizational leaders - approximately one week in 10. Be the first
to know about career events, new openings, exclusive updates, and
get job info that matches what you're looking for.
Keywords: St. Luke's Duluth, MN, Duluth , Director-Quality Management, Executive , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!