Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Acuren Group Inc
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Quality Assurance Manager directs and leads a team of
individuals to ensure effective quality execution, continuous
improvement, and regulatory compliance. They will provide
leadership within the facility to drive positive change through
influence and example. This individual, in conjunction with plant
operations, will build and maintain an effective culture of food
safety and quality within the facility. The QA Manager is
responsible for developing and maintaining facility systems and
processes that ensure finished product is food safe and meets
finished product specifications. This person should be a highly
organized effective communicator with an inquisitive mind with the
capacity to investigate and lead solution-based decision making in
the plant. Job Duties and Responsibilities: Ensure compliance to
regulatory requirements, and internal FSQ programs/standards
- Ensure daily plant Quality and Food Safety operations follow
DFA policies, procedures, customer requirements, and local, state,
and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the Food Safety and Quality Plans along with
supporting prerequisite programs.
- Enhance and maintain plant policies, procedures, and practices
to safeguard a cGMP environment.
- Through cross functional collaboration assess and maintain an
effective plant hygiene plan.
- Ownership of PEM Program utilizing information to ensure
holistic management of food safety issues, while implementing
effective corrective actions.
- Oversee plant sanitation to drive a robust sanitation program
that supports a cGMP environment.
- Ensure the plant pest control programs are current, followed,
and utilized to enable proactive maintenance.
- Manage the facility's change control program to enable robust
risk assessment and decisions.
- Collaboratively lead investigations relating to non-conforming
events driving to root cause(s) and effective resolution. Maintain
the CAPA program. Customer Centric
- Collaborate with R&D during new/reformulated product
introduction to ensure compliance with already established
specifications and regulatory requirements
- Serve as the point of contact for customer related issues,
complaints or inquires.
- Manage plant complaint investigations ensuring a thorough,
effective, timely, and customer facing response.
- Monitor compliance to customer expectation and specifications,
communicate any issues/concerns.
- Maintain plant preparedness for customer and regulatory
- Serve as a key member of the plant leadership team.
- Partner with Operations to build a world class food safety &
- Foster a positive and effective work culture with direct
- Identify and retain highly effective personnel through proper
selection, training/development, and setting expectations for
- Track and report on plant quality Key Performance Indicators
- Participate in the annual plant budgeting process.
- Partner with the plant manager on identifying key capital
projects that support food safety and quality initiatives.
- Provide training to the plant personnel concerning food safety,
FSMA and regulatory compliance.
- Provide quality leadership during unplanned events or
- Provide visible leadership by participating in Gemba walks and
- Engage and interact with all personnel on a regular basis
assisting them with their challenges and questions concerning food
safety. Quality Control
- Overall responsibility for all analytical and micro activities
performed at the facility.
- Oversee the development of cGMP laboratory practices to ensure
accurate and precise QC results.
- Develop strategies for external QC testing to supplement
- Perform data analysis to identify critical trends or find
leading indicators to enable proactive decisions. Location Bruce,
Wisconsin Requirements Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Food Science, Biological Sciences
or related field
- 5+ years of experience in food processing environment
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Prefer experience in dairy manufacturing
- Certification and/or Licenses
- HACCP certification
- SQF Practitioner certified or obtain within first 90 days.
- PQCI certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 117
- Knowledge of both laboratory and plant cGMPs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and company computer
systems, specifically LIMS, Excel and ERP.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training,
and personnel management.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in completion of duties is crucial to
- Able to organize and prioritize resources to achieve goals
- Able to multi-task; able to keep organized records; able to
work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to perform analysis, mathematical calculations, and
- Able to effectively manage plant level projects.
- Able to complete basic arithmetic in all units of measure using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and
- Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good
- Able to take appropriate steps to find solutions to
- Able to present options and ideas to current processes or
- Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and
- Able to promote a team environment.
- Able to interpret and apply company policies.
- Able to adapt and manage to change effectively.
- Able to take initiative in performing job.
- Able to perform task and duties without constant
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English. DFA Privacy
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If
you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact us.
Keywords: Acuren Group Inc, Duluth , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Bruce, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!