Director of Parish Faith Formation
Company: Life Teen
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Help us reach every teen, restore every parish, and reclaim the
culture. Join us today! Director of Parish Faith Formation at
Blessed Sacrament Church JOB DESCRIPTION-DIRECTOR OF PARISH FAITH
BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH Job Title: Director, Parish Faith
Department: Religious Education
Reports To: Fr. Gabriel Waweru
FLSA Status: Exempt, Ministerial Exception
Prepared Date: 12/8/2020
Schedule: Full Time (with Benefits) Flexible Scheduling that
includes weekends and evening hours.
Salary: Remuneration based on years of experience SUMMARY
This position is responsible for working with the pastor and
deacons to plan, organize, implement, and manage faith-based
programs and ministries that meet the requirements of our Catholic
faith, provide parishioners with on-going educational opportunities
about our faith, and, support the spiritual growth and faith
development of all parishioners. This position is responsible for
assisting the pastor in planning, implementing, and managing the
Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) class for people considering
becoming Catholic. Must also provide proper forms, ensure they are
completed as needed, and maintain them as required for each
This position is also responsible for recruiting and supporting
volunteers to implement and coordinate programs as needed. This
position may also be responsible for planning and implementing
special programs and recruiting and instructing volunteers. This
position must always maintain effective communications to ensure
successful implementation of all programs or ministries.
This position supports the mission and parishioners of this
Catholic parish and exists to help fulfill the
evangelical/educational mission of Christ's Church as defined by
the mission of the Diocese of Duluth. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
1. Communicate effectively regularly with pastor, deacons, staff,
parishioners, and volunteers.
2. Maintain current and accurate records for programs and
3. Recruit Catechists for each grade level
4. Offer on going catechist support and training
5. Obtain baptismal information for all students in Sacramental
6. Organize parent meetings and faith formation sessions as
7. Manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and by
8. Plan and organize the celebration of First Penance and First
Communion with the pastor.
9. Administrate Confirmation requirements.
10. Develop relationships with parishioners and businesses
11. Evaluates educational and spiritual needs of parishioners and
12. Provide informational materials and signup forms for all
programs and ministries.
13. Organize, schedule, plan and manage RCIA program for those
considering joining Catholic Church and maintain communications,
records, and forms.
14. Plan, oversee and coordinate summer catechesis (e.g. Totus
Tuus, Youth Camps, Mission Trip and Liturgical Formation day)
15. Compose bulletin and social media articles about Parish Faith
Formation programs and ministries.
16. Attend Diocesan religious education and/or youth ministry
meetings with pastor's approval. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain a current level of knowledge and skills required to
effectively serve in this position. Must be able to follow the
guidance and direction of the pastor to carry out the vision and
mission of our parish. Must model high moral and ethical standards
essential to the parish and the Catholic faith. SUPERVISORY
Not responsible for any immediate supervision of employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. College degree in Religious Education or Youth Ministry
3. One-year experience in a Religious Education or Youth Ministry
program preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS
1. Must possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, verbal,
and written language skills. OTHER EXPERIENCE/SKILLS
1. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Collaborative/friendly work style with ability to project
professionalism and sincerity.
3. Member of the Catholic Church in good standing, actively living
the faith, with ability to express personal knowledge of the
Catholic Faith and commitment to Catholic ideals.
4. Possess excellent organizational skills, capable of
5. Work effectively independently and as member of a team.
6. Proficient with computer technology such as navigating the
internet, keyboarding, and using Microsoft Office (WORD).
7. Punctual and reliable.
8. Successfully pass a criminal background check. CERTIFICATES,
Valid Driver's License. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to feel objects
with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally life and/or move objects up to 20-25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The environment is a traditional
church and office setting with individual work spaces and
equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
exposed to moderate noise levels in the work environment. Some
travel is required. Occasional weekend and evening work is
required. About Parish / School / Organization Name As a parish, we
are committed to working together to make Jesus Christ known, loved
and served in our families, throughout the Hibbing community and in
the world. We are also committed to live as the Lord taught,
drawing inspiration from the scriptures and strength from the
sacraments, especially the Eucharist. Our parish strives to nurture
spiritual growth, share the gifts God has given us, and invite
others into a relationship with Christ.
Keywords: Life Teen, Duluth , Director of Parish Faith Formation, Executive , Hibbing, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!